Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

After checking out more of the trailers and gameplay content for DMC5, I take back what I said about the enemy design being lackluster. They fucking brought back the Sin Scissors from DMC1 and they looking fucking glorious!

I also like the time-stopping ability from the brief glimpse we saw of it (seems like a more advanced version of Quicksilver from DMC3) and Nero's new look is slowly growing on me the more that I see it. I'm also a big fan of the interchangeable Devil Breaker arms mechanic.

I still think the game looks a tad too dark for my taste, though, and I've viewed it on other monitors/screens as well. That said, I'm sure that's something easy to fix by adjusting the brightness in the game's settings. They are probably just presenting it this way for dramatic effect.

What's interesting is that this game clearly also has nods to DmC, which even though most of the fanbase hates that game, it's important to remember that Itsuno himself had a hand in helping Ninja Theory with the design of that game and has gone on record himself saying that he quite liked it, so I'm not surprised to see it have some influence on this game's design. Honestly, while it was a tad jarring at first, I'm OK with the decision to go this route as while not as popular as the classic DMC games, the reboot still managed to bring is a sizable portion of new fans and unlike that game which completely alienated the classic fans, this new game is clearly meant to appeal to classic fans while also aesthetically pleasing fans of the reboot which is actually one of the smarter decisions that Capcom has made in a while, IMO.

Foggle

I would assume the game is dark because it's running on the engine designed for Resident Evil 7 and REmake 2 (literally called the RE Engine). If it's anything like Monolith's F.E.A.R. engine it might not be able to handle non-moody lighting well. I personally don't mind because the original DMC was also fairly dark and RE-esque but I can understand why you'd dislike it. I'm sure there will be brightness and contrast settings in the game at least.

The nods to DmC are smartly done IMO. That game was bad but not without its merits, as few and far between as they were. It did have a couple aspects that I could see being carried over into the series proper, so I don't mind if they pull from it a bit (like DMC 3 did from 2).

Peanutbutter

I'm excited for Mega Man 11 this year, but those two next year will be great too. Still elated Capcom saw the light finally.

Foggle

Quote from: Foggle on August 25, 2018, 05:23:53 PMI would assume the game is dark because it's running on the engine designed for Resident Evil 7 and REmake 2 (literally called the RE Engine). If it's anything like Monolith's F.E.A.R. engine it might not be able to handle non-moody lighting well.
I actually just started playing RE7 again last night and I think this is probably the case, to be honest. The first five minutes or so where you're walking around outside during the daytime look really rough compared to the rest of the game. The engine doesn't seem to handle shadows very well with that kind of lighting.

Foggle

Mustang

I was shocked when I heard about it. When I saw it, well, disappointment's not the right word I want to use, but I am happy for those that're looking forward to it.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not crazy about Axel's new design, but I'm excited for it. Koshiro better be doing the soundtrack, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Welp, looks like the Switch is now an essential- new Animal Crossing!!!!!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

The makers of the Yakuza games are making a detective game, and it looks like an awesome mix of Yakuza and Ace Attorney!  :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake:

Gamplay Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAGe6bXrrC8

Story Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W3LTT5VRr8

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Did anyone else see the TGS DMC5 trailer? I didn't think it was possible for me to get even more hyped for this game, but I'm finding it harder and harder to contain myself with each passing second. :joy:

VLordGTZ

I just watched it a little bit ago, and goddamn it looks amazing.  :swoon:

Also Nero having the Mega Buster was something I never knew I needed this badly!  :sweat:

Mustang

That was awesome. Shitty music, but awesome trailer.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Mustang on September 20, 2018, 06:23:44 PMThat was awesome. Shitty music, but awesome trailer.

If it makes you feel any better, Capcom is now likely to remove that track from the game after it was brought to their attention that there is an ongoing controversy regarding the lead singer of that band having an inappropriate relationship with a minor. They already pulled the theme from YouTube and have stated that they are in the process of considering replacing it in the main game. It's a bit too short notice to have a new original song written and recorded from scratch, so personally I'd be OK with them just putting in a remix of Devils Never Cry for Dante's main theme in this game. That song has still aged gracefully in my book and is what I most associate with Dante's character and the DMC series as a whole.

Mustang

Honestly, I've never been a fan of the music in the DMC series. I'm not a fan of metal, but I can tolerate/tune out the music in the old games. That new track would've been hard for me to tune out. Especially the screaming.

I may have to find a way to get music onto my ps4 just for this game.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd agree with that sentiment for the most part but I still always have a soft spot for DNC. Also, I personally love Nero's theme in this game.