Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'll admit that I was kind of hoping that BOTW would be more like Majora's Mask, a completely different experience with the same timeline and engine, but it's not looking like that so far. I'll still be there day one, but I am more jazzed for Metroid Dread currently.

Oh, and WarioWare! That's been away for too damn long. Few games have given me as much joy as the original GBA title.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Mustang

Quote from: Rynnec on June 15, 2021, 10:42:54 PM
Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2021, 06:59:47 PM
This was probably the weakest E3 I've ever seen tbh.

I dunno if I'd go that far, but it was up there as one of the weakest. Other than Metroid Dread, Advance Wars, and a few indies like Soulstice, nothing much caught my eye, and others like Final Fantasy Origin just got my outright disdain.

Now, in all fairness, I don't think anyone was expecting even an average E3 given all the shit that's happened the past year, but even without that E3 has been losing its luster for awhile.

Quote from: Mustang on June 15, 2021, 05:45:51 PM
So did E3 go by everyone? For the most part I found it very lackluster. I guess that's mainly because of all the "directs" that happens before and after E3. I think I said it last year as well. I'd be fine if they did away with it.

That being said there were only 3-4 games that I found interesting.

Elden Ring
Admittedly not a fan of Souls but have always been curious about the series. I figured this'll be my entry to the FromSoft games.

Speaking of, did they show off anything else besides the gameplay reveal trailer?

Not that I'm aware of. There's an interview with the creator up on IGN

I did forget about Shin Megami Tensei 5. As much as I play Persona 5, I can't be forgetting about the main game for me.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Makoto, Dudley, Yang
USF4 - Evil Ryu, Ryu, Cody, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Ed, Jaime {Terry}

Dr. Insomniac

Pretty surprised by Metroid Dread. That was something I heard whispers about since middle school.

talonmalon333

I'm very excited for the Breath of the Wild sequel. In my opinion, the first game was nearly the best game I've ever played, and admittedly I think it'll be tough for a sequel to capture that lightning again. At the same time, however, I've really wanted to see where the series would go after it, and now that's finally coming.

Granted, we still have a wait ahead of us before it's out, but I'll always get excited when more news for it hits.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While I think Breath of the Wild is a great game for sure, I can personally see several ways in which it can improve in a sequel. Granted, a lot of these are small things in and of themselves, but a lot of those small changes/improvements can really add up (it's the same logic of something like Sonic the Hedgehog 2 vs. the first game, or DKC2 vs. it's first iteration, despite having the same core gameplay in both cases). Among other things, though, I do feel that the main dungeons of the game (whatever will be used to replace the Divine Beasts) can be much better and much more intricately designed. I also feel that the game can still be as open as before, but make it much harder to get to some areas early. The first game basically only did this with very few areas (namely Hyrule Castle itself), but I like the idea of certain areas being much tougher than others but allowing skilled or creative players to get there even when they are underpowered at the time. That way the game can have a bit more structure and an actual difficulty curve for first time players while rewarding replays by using your knowledge of the game to completely change the sequence in which you complete it.

Also, one major issue that I had with Breath of the Wild, while not a deal breaker by any stretch, was that because the game had to assume that a player could go anywhere when they wanted to, it didn't really have a traditional increase in difficulty. Sure, it had enemies automatically upgraded in power when you got a certain percentage of the game done, but that was still pretty unbalanced since it just increased their health and damage output and didn't actually make them any harder to fight. By the point that they were upgraded players essentially had weapons and abilities that could easily deal with almost any threat outside of sub-boss type enemies.

Mustang

Like I said in the fighting games thread, Gamescon happened last week and showed King of Fighters 15. And I'll admit that it won me over once again.

That being said, I saw nothing else worthwhile outside of that X-Men: Midnight Sons game. I've never heard that it's going to be like X-Com but I have no idea what that's like. Never played a tactical rpg.

A lot of these games that have been shown lately just haven't been for me.

Mustang

To make up for Gamescon, Sony's state of play was interesting yesterday.

I'll admit I've been looking for looking forward to getting a PS5 if I can ever find one at a reasonable price.

Wolverine
My childhood favorite superhero. I'm curious if this will be more linear or if it will be open world. I'm also curious how will Insomiac will handle the combat because Wolvy is no Batman or Spider-Man so I'm not expecting a large list of moves in his repertoire. But the fact that he is getting a game makes me happy.

Spider-Man 2
I thought the first one was okay but was never really into it like everyone else. Here, if they take away the stealth parts (mainly dealing with MJ) I'd be happy.

God of War: Ragnarok
I know people here aren't fond of Dad of War but I did enjoy the last game and I am highly anticipating this game to see how will some of the other characters will be handled.

KOTOR Remake
I'm not a Star Wars fan. But I've always been curious about what made this game so great (especially after I played through the Mass Effect series)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And we FINALLY get a Bayonetta 3 trailer! It looks like more of the same and personally I'm 100% OK with that. I love the first two games and we just don't get enough traditional style character action games anymore (the last one was DMC5 which is already two years old, as great as it is). This makes me immediately want to replay the first two games again.

talonmalon333

Has anyone attempted to get a PS5 yet?

I had been willing to wait. However, I heard that chip shortage issues might get worse, making it even harder to get a PS5 next year. I knew that I wanted one, and with the holiday season not far off, I really hoped to have one before then. I'd been checking everywhere before finally getting one last week. I would have settled for either the physical or digital version, but I'm kind of glad the physical version is what I got. Plus, I am in the middle of moving to a different part of Philly, and a new start feels like the right time to get started with the PS5.

Admittedly, the Astro demo is all I've got at the moment. However, once I complete the move, I'll relocate my PS4 games over.

Avaitor

I was hoping to get a PS5 when it came out, but I paused the hunt when I realized that I'm barely touching the multiple Switch games I've picked up. It sounds like it's for the best, all things considering.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Markness

I've never seen an used PS5 anywhere, let alone a new one. I'll only consider getting one if the next game of the FF VII remake and Project EVE are going to only be for it.

Mustang

The places I go to, outside of the Switch I can't find any consoles. Obviously I'm trying to upgrade from the PS4, but I'm also looking to get my brother a Xbox 1. Like, I can't even find a PS4 Slim with 1TB so I can give my current PS4 to him (not without it costing an arm and a leg). Every month I check for something and find nothing.

So I saw this while I was at work today https://www.ign.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-castlevania-silent-sequel-new-game-konami

On one hand I'm like "LET'S GO! A MGS3 REMAKE WITH FOX ENGINE, BET!" On the other hand I do not trust Konami at all. I'm in this middle ground of waiting and seeing and how will it be handled if true. I know people have been clamoring for a Silent Hill forever now, (I roll my eyes at Easy Allies every time they react to a Sony/Microsoft event because they're always throwing the idea of a new Silent Hill) so if this is true, I'd be happy for them too just so they don't have to keep bringing it up.

Mustang

So I just found out that both Trails From Zero and Trails to Azure are getting a US release on the Switch, PS4 an PC.

https://thelegendofheroes.com/crossbell/

SOLD. Now what I don't know is if I'll be able to get the full experience of the series or not. Like Trails of Cold Steel had 4 games. I don't if Zero and Azure have a series or not, and if they do, will they be included with these releases. Overall, this gives me something to look forward to not to mention make another play through once I get the rest of the games to piece everything together. I really enjoyed the Trails of Cold Steel games. Almost to the point where I'd rank them above Persona 5 (they're probably neck and neck right now in terms of picking a favorite)

Mustang

So apparently February is a big month. Everyone is going after Elden Ring and rightfully so. Personally, obviously my eyes will be on King of Fighters 15, but even that I may skip simply because that last beta test left me feeling a certain kind of way. The game I'm really eyeballing in February though, is Si-Fu. I don't think that it will be a big game but my love for martial arts knows no bounds (only thing that beats it is my love for samurai). I'm just curious how it will be. I'm hoping it'll turn out to be something I've been wanting forever, but I don't know if it will (keeping my hype level in check).

Peanutbutter

So Bully 2 may be in the works. Rumors are swirling it was supposed to be featured at the recent Game Awards. Red Dead Redemption 2 had a ton of references to Bully, which would indicate it being their next title and since they haven't done too much with GTA since Online.....  :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: