The 90s Are All That

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxKidsLover16

NickSplat on VRV is changing its section of shows once again tomorrow.

- All Grown Up! joins the service with every season. That means you can watch the whole series of it if you're a fan of the show or want to check it out. I never cared for it much since I found it boring and I always liked Rugrats more, but maybe I will give it a try, since it's been years since I really watched it.

- The Amanda Show, CatDog, Kenan and Kel, Rocket Power, and Rocko's Modern Life will be having the entire series to watch. That also means that The Amanda Show and CatDog will be getting the first season back on, Rocko will be getting its first 2 seasons back on, Kenan and Kel's last 2 seasons are added, and Rocket Power will have seasons 2, 3, and 4 available to watch

- Sadly, this will be at the expense of a bunch of shows getting removed from the service. The shows won't be gone forever, since NickSplat's VRV channel constantly rotates its section every so often. The shows leaving (for now) are All That, The Angry Beavers, ChalkZone, Clarissa Explains It All, Doug, Figure It Out (2012), GUTS, KaBlam!, Salute Your Shorts, and The Wild Thornberrys

- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, and Legends of the Hidden Temple will stay on the service with no changes to them whatsoever. No seasons added or removed

EDIT: Nevermind, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters is also gone now as well. The Legends of the Hidden Temple Movie is gone as well, but the series remains on the service

Avaitor

tbh, I really only wanted to watch Clarissa, Salute Your Shorts, and the game shows from the shows they offered. The other stuff I don't care that much about, aside from Rocko which I already own. If this was the sole reason I signed onto VRV, I'd be annoyed.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Shows joining NickSplat in 2019:

January 2: Invader ZIM
January 9: Jimmy Neutron

Avaitor

I heard about Zim, but Jimmy's new to me.

It makes sense to add them though, especially since Ginger and All Grown Up were added a year or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if FOP joins at some point. Maybe also Drake & Josh, Ned, and Zoey 101, but they seem mostly interested in Nicktoons now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

More shows joining NickSplat:

January 16 - Danny Phantom
January 23 - Back at the Barnyard

Avaitor

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I can't conceive Back at the Barnyard as nostalgic in any way.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on January 03, 2019, 06:07:18 PMMaybe I'm just getting old, but I can't conceive Back at the Barnyard as nostalgic in any way.

It seems NickSplat is borrowing a page from Boomerang--declaring anything a decade old as "nostalgic."

Rynnec

Looks like this block is jumping the shark, and jumping it hard.

Dr. Insomniac

Maybe it's due to a theme. Nick looked at how both shows were finding new life through memes (Barnyard via Dr. Pig, Danny Phantom via that Danny Phantom fan who shot up a supermarket and thought Ember was a god), and decided to introduce them to Splat because of that.

LumRanmaYasha

It feels like anything that isn't considered current is considered nostalgic, even stuff that wasn't popular when it came out or is less than ten years old.  :??:

Dr. Insomniac

Found out they put Ren & Stimpy back on the lineup. Seems dumb to do it only a year after the allegations.

LumRanmaYasha

At the very least they really shouldn't play any episodes Kricfalusi was actually involved in. If they have to play the show, they should at least just stick with Games-era episodes.

Dr. Insomniac

John K's regularly updating his blog again as if nothing happened. Don't know why both him and Nickelodeon are just brushing it under the rug.

Avaitor

IMO, the show is more than just Kricfalusi, and it's time we start to acknowledge that. Bob Camp was just as responsible for the Spumco episodes as he was, and there are plenty of talented animators and storyboard artists whose contributions deserve to be remembered.

However, it would suck if he still gets royalties from the show. I do wonder how much he'd receive though- I know that the actors on their sitcoms at the time don't receive a cent from repeats, so I wonder how that affects the animation side.

New blog!

Daikun

NickSplat has been rebranded as NickRewind.
How many more name changes do you think we'll get in the next 5 years? :blush: