The 90s Are All That

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

I've been so preoccupied lately that it completely slipped my mind that Season 1 of Aaahh Real Monsters is now available on DVD, and has been since Tuesday.

Sooooo... yeah; this set in the cards for anyone here? I'll probably pick it up myself next week, when I'll already be out of the house anyway (low on gas right now, and I don't feel like driving into town just for this). I would definitely consider this a must buy for me, though. Haven't seen this show in ages (a good five years, at least), and it always was one of my favorites growing up.

Avaitor

I'm not buying anything for myself this week, on the odd chance that anything I do buy ends up being a birthday gift for me from someone else.

That said, I doubt someone's going to get me the set, so I'll probably end up getting it next week, if I have the money and WalMart's still carrying it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Season 2 of Hey Dude has been announced.

Huh. Looks like this is coming before Season 2 of Rocko, meaning that they're not sticking with the same release order as the first time around.

Avaitor

Hey, at least we know it's selling. Hopefully we can get Salute Your Shorts on DVD too, since I'd actually buy that.

BTW, why haven't you been posting on the other thread? Have you been noticing the changes to the block now?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

So for whatever reason, the local Walmart's are NOT carrying the Season 1 set of Aaahh Real Monsters. Not sure if anyone else has been having this problem finding it (if you're even looking), but I've been to three different stores around Reno already, and not a single one had it. The worst part of it is, they actually have a place set aside for it on the DVD racks (priced at $15), but not a single copy exists at any of the stores I've been to. And of course, every single person I ask that works at these stores has their head up their ass, and doesn't provide even the slightest bit of help.

Has this set been recalled or shelved or something? This doesn't make any sense. I really don't want to have to use to Amazon for this one; I mean, if I can get it brick and mortar (for about the same price as online), that'll always be my preferred option.

Avaitor

Yeah, can't find Real Monsters at my WalMarts myself.

Not a good sign.

New blog!

Commode

I've seen them at Wal-Marts out here; I know the one on Military Highway definitely had the set in stock.  If you're really having that hard of luck finding it though, try F.Y.E.(if you have one, they're usually in malls), they have all the Nick sets there.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on October 13, 2011, 07:08:59 PM
I've seen them at Wal-Marts out here; I know the one on Military Highway definitely had the set in stock.  If you're really having that hard of luck finding it though, try F.Y.E.(if you have one, they're usually in malls), they have all the Nick sets there.

We don't, actually. The only DVD store in the mall here is Suncoast, and that really isn't an option for me (I don't shop there very often, obvious reason being that they're usually on the pricey side).

Eh... I'll probably give it one more shot next week when I'm in town again, but if they don't have it by that point, I'll just have to settle for Amazon. It isn't that big of a deal, since I do the lion's share of my DVD buying online anyway; I just prefer brick and mortar whenever possible, and it's a shame that they don't seem to be carrying this particular set (while the other Nicktoons sets that I already have are still available).

Kiddington

Walmart FINALLY had a copy of Real Monsters in yesterday, and I promptly picked it up for $15. I was about ready to cave and place an order online, but thankfully, they finally had it.

Didn't get a chance to break into it yet, though; 'twas busy most of the day. I'll probably watch a couple episodes later. It's been so long since I've seen this show, I'm almost not even sure what to expect, really. I remember liking it as a kid... but then again, I also liked CatDog as a kid, so that isn't exactly the best comparison to run off of.

Avaitor

It really isn't that bad. The show's still entertaining today, even if it isn't on the level of Rocko.

I haven't picked the set up yet because I just can't afford it, but I'd gladly get it when I can.

New blog!

Avaitor

Joe Murray
Shout Factory, I should clarify, is the company distributing the Rocko DVD's. I just finished the cover art for season 2, and they are talking about doing the art for seasons 3 and 4, so hopefully we will get all of the episodes out there.
LikeUnlike · · Share · 2 minutes ago

:thumbup:

Also, Joe and Shout are trying to put the original "Trash-O-Matic" pilot on the season 2 DVD, complete with the yellow Rocko. He just pulled it out of his archives, so stay tuned.

New blog!

Avaitor

New blog!

Kiddington

Beautiful. Hope we get some special features with it as well (he sounded pretty positive that they were going to do some stuff, but it's hard to know for sure at this point).

Not surprised that they're breaking up the Angry Beavers set into two parts, given that the final two seasons had over 13 episodes in each. Kinda stinks that I have to buy that many more sets (in a time where I'm quickly running out of money due to my inability to find work), and not to mention it'll kinda clutter up my shelf as well... but, hey, as long as we get EVERY episode, who's complaining?

Spark Of Spirit

I wonder if we will get all the episodes. If Nick says 'No', then there's little Shout can do.

Love that Rocko art, though. I'm glad they were able to get Joe Murray on board for it finally.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mr. Big

I hope the unaired pilot will be included in it.

I'm glad they got Joe to draw the cover. They should go back and have him draw the season 1 cover as well for the next printing (seriously, the season 1 box cover sucks)