The 90s Are All That

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Huh, shame about that. It's not a bad idea, but it sucks that the set is crap.

I already own the Wild Thornberrys Movie and don't really care enough for the other two to own them, so it doesn't really concern me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Kiddington

Wow.

What a way to completely botch an otherwise fine idea. I guess you can still buy it for the other two, since those still work (the Thornberrys movie, in particular, is pretty hard to find nowadays), but just... wow.

Avaitor

Maybe it means side 2, meaning you have to flip the disc?

If not, that's just fucking stupid.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

They're single-sided discs.

Commode

Haha, that's funny.  It's a good thing that I don't care about any of those movies, but still you'd think that they would've just made the disc 2 sided.  Having half the movie on one disc and the other half on another or even on the other side of the disc is pretty unacceptable, and is something that should've died along with the VHS/cassette tape.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Apparently, this has been out since November. November!

The fact that they still haven't fixed it by now is just so laughable. I mean, by all accounts, they've actually been printing faulty DVD's for at least three months now.

Leave it to Nick. Either they're that stupid, or they just don't give a shit.

Kiddington

In more positive Nick DVD news, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters Season 2 has been announced, with a release date set for May 15th.

Now this I WILL be getting... unless of course, they manage to screw that up as well.  :rtard:

Avaitor

I stopped over at Walmart after a party tonight, and saw that the next Hey Arnold! set is out. $15 for the first 10 episodes of season 2!

Which is way too much for my blood. I mean, for the same price, they had the first seasons of The Flintstones and Jetsons up, with 28 and 24 episodes respectively and tons of bonus features in both. I might finally go and buy one of them when I get a little more money, or season 2 of Rocko, which is down to $13 there. I'll just wait for Arnold to drop.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I'm still disappointed over the Angry Beavers Season 3 part one set with only like 11 episodes. Especially since for the same frickin' price is Season 1 & 2 with more than double the amount of content.

Shout could at least cut the price if they're gonna cut content.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Really. Something else that annoyed me was that the Angry Beavers set was still there, but didn't have the same price cut as the Rocko one did. That's just bullshit.

New blog!

Kiddington

Rocko is probably about the only show Nick show I'd really be willing to overpay for (maybe Seasons 1-3 of Rugrats, if they ever decide to get around to it that is), assuming they screw up these sets like they have all the others.

Thankfully though, all four seasons of Rocko only had 13 episodes each, so I don't think we should have that problem here. They appear to only be doing this with the shows that had overly long production seasons (20 episodes or more). That could really be a mess for Hey Arnold in particular, though; Season 3 had 27 episodes, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that actually split over three different box sets.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, did we ever learn why Nick denied Shout Factory the rights to make Rugrats sets? Everyone thought it was because they were planning something for the anniversary, but IIRC nothing came of that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 02, 2012, 08:27:55 PM
Oh yeah, did we ever learn why Nick denied Shout Factory the rights to make Rugrats sets? Everyone thought it was because they were planning something for the anniversary, but IIRC nothing came of that.

Nope, nothing. Looking over at Shout's forums, the only thing I can see is that Brian Ward (aka the only guy over there who's word actually means anything) just said that Nick wouldn't let them have the rights to Rugrats (or Doug), giving no explanation as to why.

It doesn't make any sense. If Nick wanted to do these set themselves, they really dropped the ball by missing the perfect opportunity last summer. I guess they could be waiting for the 25th anniversary in 2016 instead (since they probably don't have anything better to do in marking the occasion), but really, what sense does that make?

Rynnec

So, the block is airing the second Rugrats Christmas special right now. Kinda odd, not only is it airing long after Christmas and a few moths before July, they aired it in two parts on seperate days.