The 90s Are All That

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I go to 2 different Best Buys. One that's near the college I used to go to and the one that's like 10 minutes from my house in the mall. Their DVD sections always looked like a stampede went through there. I can't find shit in both of those places. I feel more relaxed finding stuff in a Target than Best Buy.

As for FYE, I'm glad that it got replaced by some kids clothing store since that place over priced everything and I rarely bought things from there.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

So we can expect Rocket Power at #1, correct?  :sly:

Seriously though, cool stuff. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Disagree wholeheartedly on Victorious. From what I've seen of it (which, admittedly, isn't a ton, given how much I didn't care for what I was watching to start) it's just as vapid as anything else to come out of the live-action pipeline within the last five or so years. IMO, it's iCarly selling CD's.

I suppose I could give it another chance, but honestly, Schneider's batting average over the past few years has been really mediocre (I've always hated iCarly, for reference). His stuff just really doesn't do it for me anymore, so I can't see my opinion changing on that one.

Rest of the list is good, though, even if Doug has personally soured on me lately. I kinda thought you'd put AYAOTD a little higher to be honest, but it's good where it's at.

Avaitor

Eh, if you don't like iCarly, you probably won't like Victorious either, I'll just come out and say it. I mean, I like Schneider's stuff (Zoey 101 aside), but I can also understand why people don't. I'm not exactly alone either, since iCarly and Victorious have a surprisingly large fanbase outside of the demo.

And yeah, AYAOTD was originally higher than it ended up. Two spots higher, in fact, but I thought that there were other things that probably deserved being up there more.

New blog!

Foggle

I still don't know how I feel about Zim. I really need to watch it again and figure out a verdict on it.

Spark Of Spirit

I dunno, even if you like Victorious (I don't), it's still basically iCarly 2 with music instead of a bad web show.

IMO, it's too high- but a pretty good list so far!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Next set's up.

And I just found out about the Double Dare revival. The hotel's like 2 hours away from me, so I'm going to try to convince some friends to go soon, since they just started it up.

New blog!

Foggle

Great list so far, but I really cannot stand As Told by Ginger.

Avaitor

As long as you at least agree that it's better than Rocket Power, All Grown Up and Wild Thornberrys (Nigel and Flea aside), that's all that matters.

New blog!

Daxdiv

As Told by Ginger was probably one of my favorite Klasky Csupo production. I liked the concept behind it as well. Though the one episode of this show that will stick out for me will forever be "And She Was Gone" that one where Ginger writes a poem and everyone around her thinks she's suicidal, except for her Mom. I swear Ginger's Mom was probably the best TV mom ever. She trusted her kids. That and even as a kid I thought everyone over analyzed that poem of her. Years later, I still think they did but I can see where people in the show got that idea from.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 02, 2012, 06:11:43 PM
As Told by Ginger was probably one of my favorite Klasky Csupo production. I liked the concept behind it as well. Though the one episode of this show that will stick out for me will forever be "And She Was Gone" that one where Ginger writes a poem and everyone around her thinks she's suicidal, except for her Mom. I swear Ginger's Mom was probably the best TV mom ever. She trusted her kids. That and even as a kid I thought everyone over analyzed that poem of her. Years later, I still think they did but I can see where people in the show got that idea from.
You know I wrote about that one before, right?

If there were more episodes like that, I think Ginger would've been a much better show.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Speaking of which, I just had AYAOTD added to Netflix (only the first season, though) and watched a bunch of it. It's definitely not perfect, but its heart is in the right place. Its especially welcome nowadays when all kid shows feature singing and dancing, tired school antics, and little else.