The 90s Are All That

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

We don't have AYAOTD on Netflix here, so you guys are lucky. You also have the complete series on DVD over there, as well.

Next 5's up. What do you think, and do you have predictions for the top already?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 02, 2012, 10:16:33 PM
do you have predictions for the top already?
I'm gonna' guess Fairly Odd Parents, The Amanda Show, Big Time Rush, Fred: The Show, Fanboy and Chum Chum.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on June 02, 2012, 10:20:37 PM
I'm gonna' guess Fairly Odd Parents, The Amanda Show, Big Time Rush, Fred: The Show, Fanboy and Chum Chum.
You forgot TUFF Puppy.

Avaitor

God no, fuck that noise.

It's all about Mr. Meaty. :)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 02, 2012, 10:21:24 PM
Quote from: Foggle on June 02, 2012, 10:20:37 PM
You forgot TUFF Puppy.
I try very hard to forget TUFF Puppy.

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 02, 2012, 10:23:06 PM
It's all about Mr. Meaty. :)
That show makes me physically ill. :srs:

Spark Of Spirit

If Rocko isn't #1... I don't know what I'll do to you, man.  :'(
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 03, 2012, 01:45:36 PM
Tada!
So the greatest Nickelodeon show of all time is some piece of new crap I've never watched.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAILLLLL.

Avaitor

It's your fault for never watching it.

But yeah, in hindsight, Double Dare could've easily made it into the top 10. On another day, it would.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 03, 2012, 01:55:16 PM

But yeah, in hindsight, Double Dare could've easily made it into the top 10. On another day, it would.
I'm just surprised Welcome Freshmen and Nick Arcade didn't.

God I feel old.

Rynnec

I really wasn't expecting your choice for #1, but after reading about why you chose it, I wholeheartedly agree with you, as I too experienced it exactly the same way you did. If any show made my Middle School years easier for me, it was Ned's Declassified.

And LOL at Peter Paltridge telling you you're too young to be making that list. :D

Lord Dalek

Paltridge is a phony baloney and everybody knows it.

Avaitor

Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 03, 2012, 02:01:40 PM
Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 03, 2012, 01:55:16 PM

I'm just surprised Welcome Freshmen and Nick Arcade didn't.

God I feel old.
Welcome Freshman was a little too before my time, but if this was a top 25, I would easily put Nick Arcade in. GUTS, too. For some reason, I only decided on 2 game shows on here, and went with the undoubtably best 2. I wanted a more modern show on here, which is why I went with Victorious (and I went with it over iCarly since that's really been pissing me off in the past year or so), but I could've easily taken it off for one of those.

Quote from: Rynnec on June 03, 2012, 02:02:29 PM
And LOL at Peter Paltridge telling you you're too young to be making that list. :D
Yeah, I don't quite get that. I may only be 20, but I was born early enough in the 90's to remember the vast majority of shows from the network, aside from some of the shorter-lasting ones. I mean, there really weren't that many originals in the 80's to look on, just a couple of game shows that don't hold up as well as Double Dare, that Dave Coulier show which only ran for a season, and Hey Dude, which I did grow up with but can hardly stand now.

I think if I was closer to Paltridge's age, this would be slanted more towards the older shows, and I wouldn't have anything from this decade at all. Or at least I would if I was DarthGonzo. The other problem with Peter Paltridge is that he doesn't have cable, so he has to rely on DVDs or the occasional experience elsewhere to see shows like these, so he definitely wouldn't be a fair proponent if he made this list.

New blog!

Commode

Why Nick Arcade though?  That's a great example of a show that didn't age well at all.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Comeau on June 03, 2012, 02:40:55 PM
Why Nick Arcade though?  That's a great example of a show that didn't age well at all.
Nostalgia beer goggles. Also its a hoot to watch teen girls fail at Neo-Geo games.