The 90s Are All That

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Damn, man. You posted this all so fast I didn't even get a chance to comment on half of it.  :humhumhum:

...yeah, anyway, good list overall. I have my disagreements on it (I like Ned, but that wouldn't be my #1; Rocko takes the cake there), but out of the entire 20 you picked, there's only one show that I outright dislike, which I've already gone over a bit (and I actually don't have a problem with Ginger being here; it's not great, but it's ambitious, and I give it credit for trying). Personally, I might not have ranked Rugrats or R&S quite as high, but that has more to do with the huge dropoff in quality as those shows went on during their later years (aside from a bit of my own personal bias, in the case of R&S). Again though, pretty good list; I agree with a fair amount of it.

Also, screw Paltridge. That guy is such a dick anymore; can't believe I actually used to think he was pretty cool. As pointed out, he didn't even watch this stuff growing up, not having cable and all, so his opinion means squat as far as I'm concerned.

Spark Of Spirit

Ned is legitimately good show, Nick faithful. It might not have been on in the 90s, but it would have fit in fine there, and I'm not fussed at all that it's in the top 5. Seriously watch some episodes between All That and Clarissa or something. It won't stick out.  8)

As for my comments, it's not how I would have put it (Rugrats over Rocko is hard to swallow given the majority of the show is just plain sub-par), and Clarissa is not one of my faves but its hard to argue with it.

They should bring Nick Arcade back. So we can watch modern kids try to play classic arcade games. Maybe they'll gain appreciation for older games!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Well, when I think of Nickelodeon, I think of protagonist and child-like experiences which kids can relate to. That's why Rocko is so low.

And I know that the later Rugrats get quite bad, but I'm sticking ny my choice. If The Simpsons always gets ranked so high in lists for animated series, I don't see why Rugrats can for Nickelodeon. It's about as important for the channel as Simpsons is for animation, and the good-bad ratio isn't as awful IMO.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

In all honesty I was expecting Number 1 to be Ned's Declassified. Still a good show. I think they still repeat that on TeeNick.  I do agree with placement of Rugrats as well.

Still a good list overall and yeah Paltridge... yeah I'm better off not saying that.

Spark Of Spirit

It doesn't sound like he even watched it before. Seriously, it's a fun show. It's way better than every school show on now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I think he clearly said that he hasn't, didn't he?

Well, what were you guys expecting my top 5 to be, before I got that far? And how would you do it?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Let's see, other than Ned, I was expecting Pete & Pete and Rocko in the Top 5 all the way. Even before you started. Maybe Rugrats as well. Clarrissa I was expecting it but maybe like in the 10-6 range.

Spark Of Spirit

Before I saw the list? Probably something like Rocko, Zim, Pete & Pete, Ned, and yeah, Rugrats I guess.

As for me? No idea. Obviously my top 5 would include Rocko and Angry Beavers, but that's all I could decide on.

Kiddington

I like Ned, but for some reason it's just not a top 5 show for me. I don't know why, as it probably holds up a lot better most of the other live-action offerings (might be the lack of nostalgia, but I really can't place it). It's still top 10 for sure though.

For mine, I dunno. Probably something like Rugrats (I'd have it firmly at #5; no higher), Clarissa, Legends, Pete & Pete, Rocko... something of that ilk. But that's just me.

...as for what I was expecting, it was pretty similar to what you had, but I thought you'd go with Pete & Pete as your #1. Not too different otherwise though.

Avaitor

I'm surprised you guys weren't expecting Clarissa on here. I wasn't totally hinting towards it, but I thought you guys would've got the idea that it would be high if you knew me.

Anyway, I'll work on my next list soon enough. This time, it's an AR exclusive. ;)

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Now that's a good exclusive to have!

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

I haven't heard of Pendragon.

But yeah, that's really cool. I gotta read the rest of these now.

New blog!

Avaitor

The creators of Pete & Pete cowrote the Alvin & the Chipmunks movie.

In a million years, I never would have guessed this.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Klickstein's Nick of Time is a pretty fascinating read all around. I'll be curious to look into his book version when it eventually comes out.