The 90s Are All That

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on August 27, 2012, 11:59:00 PM
If we can't get the rest of Clarissa, Pete & Pete and Alex Mack on DVD (Shout has said that Nick won't let them finish their runs, I believe)
Is there any company worse than Nick when it comes to DVD releases? Seriously.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on August 28, 2012, 12:02:52 AM
If we can't get the rest of Clarissa, Pete & Pete and Alex Mack on DVD (Shout has said that Nick won't let them finish their runs, I believe)
Is there any company worse than Nick when it comes to DVD releases? Seriously.
Disney.

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on August 28, 2012, 12:08:08 AM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 28, 2012, 12:06:36 AM
Disney.
Really? I don't think they've ever released anything like this... http://www.amazon.com/Nickelodeon-Three-Movie-Collection-Jimmy-Neutron/dp/B0056YMDXW/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1346130433&sr=8-12&keywords=Jimmy+neutron+DVD
Oddly-tied-together DVD sets are still better than none at all in Disney's case.

Also, Toei and whoever the hell makes it so I can only find J-dramas, K-dramas, etc. at Chinatown.

Avaitor

Well Disney's problem is that they put absolutely no effort into promoting their season sets, and when they don't sell, they blame a lack of an audience for them and just give up. The funny thing is, they'd be surprised at how many people did not and still do not know that sets of Gargoyles and DuckTales exist, years after Disney gave up on them. People who'd gladly pay to own them.

And it's not even just the old shows. They couldn't even sell a season set of Hannah Montana at the height of its popularity.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

...as well as the people who can't get Blake's 7 stateside. And those who are keeping the rights for Press Gang covered in dust.

Avaitor

Although yeah, Nick really does suck at releasing DVDs. Even with Shout.

Don't forget, besides the edits on the Rocko sets and the lack of bonus features on just about any other release of theirs, they had to use a pirated copy of a Hey Dude episode simply because Nick lost the master and couldn't be bothered to find it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 28, 2012, 12:10:58 AM
Oddly-tied-together DVD sets are still better than none at all in Disney's case.
But the collection is broken. Only half of one of the movies is present on the DVD.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on August 28, 2012, 12:18:14 AM
But the collection is broken. Only half of one of the movies is present on the DVD.
...okay, yeah. That's a shit deal. But then again, if you're buying a 3-pack of those movies, you deserve to be fucked with.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 28, 2012, 12:19:45 AM
...okay, yeah. That's a shit deal. But then again, if you're buying a 3-pack of those movies, you deserve to be fucked with.
Good point. :lol:

Daxdiv

Yeah, this is actually the one time a user review on Amazon was actually useful on the product page. Not sure if it affected the other movies since I think the guy might have just been interested in Jimmy Neutron, which out of those 3 is probably the better movie. He didn't mention anything so I guess those 2 are safe.

But I have another station to point at... how about Cartoon Network? I mean the Target exclusive DVDs are just reprints of DVD sets that were out and even then those didn't do good enough to continue like how Flapjack, Chowder and Secret Saturdays DVDs were cut short after a volume or 2. I just hope Adventure Time Season set does well to justify Season 2.

Rynnec

Geez, out of the three movies on that set, it figures that the most watchable is the one that comes with problems.

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 28, 2012, 12:56:13 AM
But I have another station to point at... how about Cartoon Network? I mean the Target exclusive DVDs are just reprints of DVD sets that were out and even then those didn't do good enough to continue like how Flapjack, Chowder and Secret Saturdays DVDs were cut short after a volume or 2. I just hope Adventure Time Season set does well to justify Season 2.

The only CN DVD's are the SJ season sets and the first EEnE single that were released long ago. They play pretty good, and have decent (if sparse) extra features.

Foggle

I just wish CN would release proper DVDs of EEnE, Courage, and Johnny Bravo already. I would buy all that shit in a heartbeat.

Kiddington

It's nice to have both shows on Netflix though. I wish we got more live-action shows. If we can't get the rest of Clarissa, Pete & Pete and Alex Mack on DVD (Shout has said that Nick won't let them finish their runs, I believe), it'd be great to have them all streaming.

Wait, what?

Nick actually went out and told Shout that they have absolutely no intention of ever releasing the rest of those respective series on DVD, at any point in the future? Ever?

Wow. Fuck them.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on August 28, 2012, 01:02:14 AM
I just wish CN would release proper DVDs of EEnE, Courage, and Johnny Bravo already. I would buy all that shit in a heartbeat.
Well don't forget, the first season of each of these. along with the second of EEnE, are out. But that's it for each of them.

Super annoying. And Warner has even said that unlike Animaniacs and Tiny Toons, they have no interest in finishing these out on demand online.

Quote from: Kiddington on August 28, 2012, 01:41:16 AM
It's nice to have both shows on Netflix though. I wish we got more live-action shows. If we can't get the rest of Clarissa, Pete & Pete and Alex Mack on DVD (Shout has said that Nick won't let them finish their runs, I believe), it'd be great to have them all streaming.

Wait, what?

Nick actually went out and told Shout that they have absolutely no intention of ever releasing the rest of those respective series on DVD, at any point in the future? Ever?

Wow. Fuck them.
I don't think they said that about Alex Mack, since that was another third-party release, but they definitely said that about Pete & Pete and Clarissa.

I believe that Nick refused to let Shout have the rights to any shows they put any DVDs out for at one point in their history, which also explains why they can't have Rugrats. That theory isn't official though, merely speculation.

New blog!