Frog In A Suit

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 23, 2011, 04:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I've finally remembered to watch episode 2 of this new Joe Murray show and proceeded to laugh my ass off. It really took the taste of bad Ren & Stimpy out of my mouth and reminded me just how great Joe's stuff can be.

Seriously lost it at the 'horny' part.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

All 3 shorts are out now, and I recommend watching if you love cartoons. Seriously, guys. Watch this show, it's free and it's here.

I hope this project is a success, because we need more stuff like this out there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

So the episode numbers are jokes and there are only three, right?

Groaned all the way through the first episode; I absolutely hated it. Second one was fucking hilarious, though.

Avaitor

Just watched them now. The first wasn't much, but the next two were improvements. I don't think they're especially great, but they show promise and were entertaining enough.

I'll check out whatever else Joe does.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

I hope he keeps these up. Episode One was kinda lame, but the other two are hilarious.

So nice to see "vintage" Joe Murray again. I already went off on a tangent about what I thought of Camp Lazlo... still not sure how that one turned out so wrong. He's already redeemed himself with this whole project, though. Keep 'em coming; love what I'm seeing so far.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah one thing this show really makes me question is what he was trying to do with Camp Lazlo. It really was missing a lot of his signature humor and style that was in Rocko and is here too.

I hope this is enough of a success that he is able to make more.

Yeah, I don't know why they are labeled the numbers they are.

Avaitor

I'd think that CN wanted to tone down his stuff a little on Lazlo, but it's not like their shows were necessarily clean at the time, either. It just wasn't any good, no matter how you spin it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I noticed a huge improvement in the quality of the voice acting past episode one. Episode one to me felt more like one of those prototype episodes before the series really gets underway. After that though I found episodes 2 and 3 were thankfully of much higher quality. I did notice that a lot of this humor wouldn't fly by on either Nick or CN these days, though, which is a shame because episodes 2 and 3 got me really nostalgic with how much they reminded me of Rocko's style of humor.

Avaitor

New blog!