My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

Quote from: Kiddington on August 15, 2011, 12:51:19 AM
Season 3... well, that I'm a bit more worried about (assuming we even get to that point). Especially if they hand the keys to the city to Chris Savino.  :whuh:
You don't need to worry. I asked Savino on Facebook if he wrote for season 2 and he said no, the two from season 1 was it as far as his involvement on the show is concerned.

Spark Of Spirit

That's at least one thing to feel relieved over.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Good. He was alright as a writer for PPG and early Dexter, but as a showrunner, he failed... and he failed hard.

It's for the best.

Daxdiv

Well, looks like September 17th is going to be the premiere date for the newest episodes of My Little Pony Season 2. Hell yeah, this easily beats the prediction of it coming back in December right in the nads,.

Kiddington

Yeah, heard that bit of news yesterday as well. My reaction:

Can't wait, man. I've been in pony withdrawal since May; this has been a loooooooooong summer, if ya know what I mean.  :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

That's...... a LOT sooner than I was expecting.

Great news, though!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

September 17? Three days before Unbroken comes out.

Should be a great few days.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Well, it more or less is the western equivalent of one, so... could go either way.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Pretty much. I remember one of my friends on another board I go to made the joke that he liked FiM when it was called K-On, and even one guy said FiM is basically K-On in horse form. In a way, it's mostly like that in the sense of friends hanging out with friends and such.

As for video, check out this nice use of Baccano theme with clips from Over a Barrel. I really liked how they labeled Fluttershy in this video as.

Dr. Insomniac

Hmm. Maybe one of us should do an article explaining the differences between FIM and K-On! and why we like a show about ponies being friends with each other yet hate a show about high school girls being friends with each other.

...Desen?  :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

The one with actual jokes and writing wins.  ;)

Eddy

My buddy and I spent a couple days at our friend's house. She and her boyfriend (the ones we were staying with) already like ponies but my friend had refused to ever watch the show. Whether he liked it or not, one of the things we planned on doing while visiting was watching some pony. Maybe I could get him to see what it is about the show that makes it so good?

Unfortunately, I don't think it worked.  :whuh:

We watched a handful of different episodes: "Friendship is Magic - Part 1 and 2", "Applebuck Season", "Dragonshy", "Winter Wrap-Up", "Swarm of the Century", "Bridle Gossip", etc.

He seemed to have already decided that he didn't like the show before even watching it. He couldn't, or didn't want to, open his mind to the idea that a cartoon based on My Little Pony could be good and most of the time he wasn't even paying attention to the show because he was busy fiddling away on his iPhone. I heard him laugh at a couple parts (Fluttershy's introduction, "Choooocoooolate chiiiiiips!", etc.) but overall he didn't seem interested at all. I understand this show isn't for everyone, but he didn't seem to even want to give it a chance. And this is a guy who likes Spongebob, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd n Eddy, and plenty of other cartoons. I really think if he opened his mind and gave it a fair shot he would really enjoy it. The friend I was staying with agreed, this was the problem. He wasn't even trying to enjoy it.

I hate to say it, but I think he might not be comfortable with the feminine nature of the show.  :imnothappy:

Well, at least we planted ponies in his head. Maybe we'll see what happens from there.

ANYWAY, it's great to hear season two is basically right around the corner. Can't wait!  :blush:

Angus

Had the talking Pinkie Pie for a bunch of years. Were we glad the batteries went out.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon