My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's not a moe show on the basis that its plots actually go somewhere and events occur within it that lead to something. The show also features the unique gimmick of having writing.  ;)

But I can see why some wouldn't find it funny, like pretty much everything, it's not going to hook everyone.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Oh yes, I know the show isn't for everyone. No show is, after all!

Avaitor

That boy ain't right, I tell you what.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

That would have totally happened in the show, too.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

That is brilliant.

"Ugh, so Bobby is into this My Little Pony cartoon. I can handle him running around in capes and such but watching a girls cartoon show? That is just asinine."

"Friendship is Magic? Ohh! Who is favorite pony? Fluttershy? Pinkie Pie? I like Twilight Sparkle."

"Once again, Bill, you are incorrect. The best pony is Rainbow Dash."

"Dagnabbit, don't tell me you idiots are into this nonsense too. Can you believe this, Boomhower?"

"Itellyouwhutmandon'tgojudginabookbyitscoverIusedtothink'man,nowaythiscanbegood',soIsitdownandwatchitandit'sall 'My Little Pony~, My Little Pony~, Ahhhh~', andI'mthinkin'man,IshouldjuststopwatchinnowwhenIstillhavesomedignityleft,man. ButIkeepwatchinitandthenRarityisall 'this is whiiiiniiing' andI'msittingtherelaughinmanandI'mthinkin... ya know, this ain't half bad, man."

Spark Of Spirit

Hank's favorite would be Apple Jack. You know it.

Eddy

Of course it would. He would admire her strong will and work ethic. And a passion for apples similar to his passion for propane.

Eddy

I don't know if anyone here saw it, but a group known as The Bronyville Show recently had a livestream marathoning through season one and they even had members of the show staff come on via Skype and talk with them. Two notable ones were "Sibsy" and "Raven", two of the lead storyboard artists (they also both worked on Ed, Edd n Eddy). Obviously they couldn't say too much about season two, but they had no problem saying that season two basically blows season one away in terms of quality and character development. They both seemed really excited about it and hated that they couldn't talk about it more.

Spark Of Spirit

Man, it's a season 2. The chances of it being a letdown are low, if we're judging on past examples.

Unless they pull a Chowder.  :o

Eddy

SPOILER ALERT: Here's a clip from the season two premiere, featuring the new villain Discord. I've never watched Star Trek but apparently he's voiced by John de Lancie who played a character named Q. Anyway, I love him already.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/my-little-pony-season-two-clip/

Dr. Insomniac

Huh. So that explains all this.

And yay! Q! Always fun to see one of my favorite Trek characters randomly pop up somewhere.

Spark Of Spirit

Mr. Big

Okay, I really hope Discord will make more appearances throughout season 2. Already he's one of my favorite characters in the show.

I love that Fluttershy is so hard to corrupt that Discord went "screw it. Magic!" on her.

Eddy

What a great episode! Discord's an awesome villain (love his voice!) and seeing the ponies lose their elements was great, especially Fluttershy and Rarity.

"I know where you live!"

Spark Of Spirit

That's what I like about the show. Everything in that episode was what I like about FIM. The character gags and the fun adventure style plot, and Discord being a pretty good bad guy pretty much clinched the episode for me. Way better than the premiere of season 1 already.

Gotta love Pinkie's obsession with the chocolate rain, too.