My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Holt

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 22, 2011, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on October 22, 2011, 09:26:14 PM
Luna made the episode for me, especially her "lesson" with Fluttershy. I want to see more of her.

All in all, it was a pretty fun Halloween episode. Could've used some Rarity, though.
Yeah, odd how an episode where almost everybody was in costume lacked Rarity. Though since the episode had Granny Smith and Zecora to go along with the ROYAL CANTERLOT ACCENT, Tabitha St Germain probably needed a break.
According to Lauren, Rarity was in the script and she guesses there was a literal last-minute change not made on her watch.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

Mr. Big

Yeah, she said that there was a scene where Luna and Twilight visited Rarity's shop (she was still working on her costume), hoping to get a dress that would lighten up the Night Princess's image. Rarity went overboard and made her very pink. Luna hated it and tore out the dress, but Pinkie and the kids showed up just as Luna has a piece of cloth on her mouth, making the party pony shout "Nightmare Moon ate the princess!" and run away.

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, I'm liking this season quite a bit, but Pinkie Pie isn't doing enough. Even in episodes she wasn't featured in before she would at least have a good moment or two and she hasn't really had all that many so far this season. On the other hand, I like Rarity having more appearances, but Pinkie isn't getting the spotlight she deserves.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, Pinkie's in need of some action.

Also, Fluttershy hasn't appeared in 2 episodes. The hell's with that?

Eddy

Yo, where the FUCK is Fluttershy?

That said, I really enjoyed the past two episodes and the season itself so far. "Sisterhooves Social" has been my favorite of the season so far for being such a character driven episode and giving more development to Rarity who, after Fluttershy, is my favorite character. "The Cutie Pox" was easily the best Cutie Mark Crusader episode yet (not that that's saying much) and was actually really entertaining.

Mr. Big

They're really heavy character focused episodes so far. After Cutie Pox we're having two episodes with Rainbow Dash, one with Rarity (again), and one with Spike.

Not that I have problems with it; I prefer cartoons that focus on one or two characters rather than ensemble. I'm looking forward to the ones with Dash and Spike. These two are amongst my favorite characters (along with Pinkie Pie).

Judging by the amount of episodes dedicated to Rarity, I'm guessing she's the "breakout character" of the show.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, lets be honest, before the show started has anyone here ever liked a character like Rarity before? It says a lot when they managed to take a character from one of my least favorite archetypes and managed to make her my favorite character. Also, Tabitha St. Germain knocks it out of the park every time.

Still, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie seem to be getting a bit hosed this season so far. They haven't appeared all that much, and they aren't getting focus any time soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Maybe Andrea Libman wasn't available for most of the recording of this first batch of episodes? That's the only justification I can see for Fluttershy and Pinkie not having any focus episodes by now.

Avaitor

So I gave up on the show after the Halloween episode. Am I missing anything, or have my previous beliefs been confirmed?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

Quote from: Avaitor on November 23, 2011, 06:38:25 PM
So I gave up on the show after the Halloween episode. Am I missing anything, or have my previous beliefs been confirmed?
What were those previous beliefs?

But if the show isn't really your thing, that's cool, man. No show is for everyone no matter how many people like it. Kudos for sticking with it throughout the entire first season and into season two.

The past few episodes have actually been pretty awesome. "Sisterhooves Social" was a great episode for Rarity (and even Applejack). "The Cutie Pox" was alright... if you don't mind Cutie Mark Crusader episodes, that is. But it did have some pretty amusing gags. "May the Best Pet Win" was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be, even though it was mostly just Rainbow Dash being a bitch to animals for 20 minutes. But Fluttershy was great in it.

We need a damn Fluttershy episode already though.

Avaitor

Like I said in the unpopular opinions thread, I'm starting to completely agree with Thad's thoughts on the show, in that it's nothing special at all. Instead of hating it though, I've just become lukewarm.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I don't know what to tell you, I'm still enjoying it a lot.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Desensitized on November 24, 2011, 12:00:49 PM
I don't know what to tell you, I'm still enjoying it a lot.
Yeah, actually kind of liking it a bit more than the first season.

Mr. Big

This is one of those shows that's not everyone can get into, so if you haven't enjoyed it before you'll never will. Oh well. (I was never into Nick's Avatar, so what do I know?)

I loved "Sisterhooves Social".
Not that big on "The Cutie Pox". It had Zecora, though, which is a plus, and things did get funnier in the final act.
"May the Best Pet Win" had amusing moments but it was predictable even by FIM standards.

Overall, though, I think season 2 is pretty strong.

Daxdiv

I'm enjoying the current season as well. So far I love Sisterhooves Social and consider it the episode of the season. Cutie Pox was decent enough and had some interesting gags. May the Best Pet Win was cute and even though it was predictable that Dash would get the Tortoise, it was still fun. Wasn't really all that wild about the Halloween episode.