My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I finally managed to catch up and the ending to The Last Roundup proves to me that we need a Rarity/Pinkie Pie episode. It's the dynamic with the most potential that is barely ever used!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mr. Big

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 05, 2012, 10:14:28 PM
I finally managed to catch up and the ending to The Last Roundup proves to me that we need a Rarity/Pinkie Pie episode. It's the dynamic with the most potential that is barely ever used!
Yeah, it's one of the funniest scenes in the show.

I agree, we need to see an episode about Pinkie and Rarity. What would it be about, tho'?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Mr. Big on February 06, 2012, 05:59:24 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 05, 2012, 10:14:28 PM
Yeah, it's one of the funniest scenes in the show.

I agree, we need to see an episode about Pinkie and Rarity. What would it be about, tho'?
A road movie parody would be fun.

But really, the playful and overbearing Pinkie Pie and the proper and dignified Rarity make for a great combo and I think that episode was the first episode to use the two together at all.

I'm gonna have "Raritycatchme" in my head for a while.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

I think they had some scenes together in Dragonshy, and all of those were pretty hilarious too.

Spark Of Spirit

The newest episode was great, one of the best ones, IMO. But then, most Pinkie episodes are. I also enjoyed the addition of Cranky, and I hope he appears again.

Daxdiv

That was fucking Bear Hugger from Punch-Out! that played Cranky Doodle Donkey. That was just awesome right there.

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

That was surprisingly violent and as close to a Rarity and Pinkie team up as I think I'm gonna get, but still really good and probably one of my favorites.

Nel_Annette

I had actually watched Dragonshy recently and forgot how much I liked their interaction there, so I was so happy to see them hanging out in this one. The whole episode was pretty awesome.

Eddy

This thread doesn't seem to get much discussion anymore but I am loving this season. These past few episodes have been really top notch.

Mr. Big

Yeah, I loved the latest episode. I think Pinkie and Rarity need their own "Odd Couple" style episode in the future.

I'm looking forward to the next two episodes. "It's About Time" because I literally have no idea how that's going to play out. "Dragon Quest" because, c'mon, it's Spike meeting other dragons.

Mr. Big

Here's a sneak peek to tomorrow's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4igWjESBpsg

My god, Twilight is such a NERD  ;D

Spark Of Spirit

So since season 2's almost done I'd like to say that I'm impressed with the show. Even though Lauren Faust left the show, season 2 managed to remain just as good as season 1 throughout its run and even managed to improve on it as it went along. Unfortunately if rumors are to be believed, season 3 will most likely be its last (I'm hearing 13 to bring it up to 65) but I'm still glad that the show was made at all despite all the insane reactions there has been to it. At the end of the day, it's a good show.

Nonetheless, whoever they get to do another MLP show is going to have a tough time of it.

Foggle

It's stopping at 3 seasons? Really? I always figured this show received astronomical ratings judging by how hardcore the fanbase is.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 10, 2012, 10:43:42 PM
It's stopping at 3 seasons? Really? I always figured this show received astronomical ratings judging by how hardcore the fanbase is.
Most  of the staff has indicated that they're wrapping up with the show (as season 3 is currently done writing-wise), which leads me to believe they're capping it off at 65. I'm not sure why no recent animated show seems to go passed 65 episodes anymore, but like TB&TB I find it a total waste to cut it off so early.