My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

Quote from: Kiddington on March 27, 2012, 02:41:11 PM
Quote from: Mr. Big on March 27, 2012, 02:18:32 PM
Damn, they're promoting the hell out of the season finale.

So will FIM eventually become the Hub's SpongeBob?

Not if they stop after Season 3, it won't.

They could milk this thing to no end if they really wanted to, though; the show is popular enough that the online presence alone could keep it going years down the line. I'm still not sure why they'd want to end it so early considering that (if those rumors actually do turn out to be true), unless they really care that much more about quality over a steady paycheck, something that the Spongebob crew obviously doesn't.

Guess we'll see.

I'm betting that the "65 episode" rule was the plan in the beginning, before the show aired. But after all this, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hub decides to order more episodes. Whether they'll expand season 3 or greenlight season 4, I do not know.

Avaitor

Honestly, when you take into consideration how many shows have gone south once they surpass the 65 episode rule, maybe it wouldn't be a good thing that MLP doesn't go that far. It does seem like the kind of show that can easily run out of ideas or get stale if it overstays its welcome.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

If the staff is leaving, then I absolutely do hope it ends. For all the good the show has done for the brand, letting it go downhill would put it almost back to where it was.

But first I guess we'll see how long season 3 will be first.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mr. Big

I dunno. Just because the original staff leaves doesn't always mean the new people will be terrible. Simpsons still stayed fresh for at least five years after the original team of writers left (post-Cape Feare episodes).

It's one of those "we'll see" moments.

Spark Of Spirit

I would just be worried that they would hire people who care about as much as they did when they made the old MLP shows.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Oh, so I've been catching up on the season now. I wasn't crazy on the two CMC, but the two Rainbow Dash ones fared better for me. Especially because I thought she was getting into bitch territory this season, and I thought her eps humanized her a little.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. The season mirrors the first in how it seems to get better as it goes. Though the beginning of this season was better than the beginning of the first.

Avaitor

I'm starting to remember why I took a break in the first place. I get tired of hearing "everypony" a lot.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on March 28, 2012, 05:16:15 PM
I'm starting to remember why I took a break in the first place. I get tired of hearing "everypony" a lot.
To quote myself, words such as "somebody" would also apply to horses. Disputing this fact is like saying that a Macintosh desktop computer isn't a PC. I actually get 20% madder every time I see or hear a pony version of a word. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Oh shell, don't be such a shell-brain.

Avaitor

New blog!

Kiddington

Smurf you, man. I smurfin smurfed that smurf all smurfin night smurf.

...okay, I'll stop.

Avaitor

New blog!

Kiddington

Mr. Big

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on the Cutie Mark Crusaders?

I have to say, their episodes have been great this season. The only one I didn't like much was "The Cutie Pox", but the others were gold. So I have high hopes for tomorrow's.

If they were to get a spinoff, would you watch it if, say, it's on-par with their season 2 episodes?