My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

Yeah, Fluttershy has been getting the shaft this season, but the past few episodes she's been really great in. I think Hurricane Fluttershy may be my favorite episode of the series.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, Hurricane Fluttershy's probably in my top 5 of the series. I really need to re-watch season one, though. This season feels like it has higher highs, but lower lows. I just hope that in season three, we either get more episodes featuring all six or at least have the character focus a bit more balanced. I'd say give us less CMC too, but they'll get the most episodes again no matter what. XD

Avaitor

Oh, and am I the only one that thought it was kind of bitchy when Applejack said that she didn't learn anything a few episodes back?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

It kinda was, but the delivery of the line coupled with Applejack trotting across the screen with a hillarious expression made that momet priceless.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, the way that moment was executed made it work.

There was a fan comic I read where Celestia got that letter, and her response was basically "well why did you even fucking write to me then?" that made me laugh pretty hard. And maybe the Apple family could learn to maybe limit the amount they sell to Pinkie Pie, so others can get some.  :P

Avaitor

haha, that reminds me of a great YouTube comment response to the episode where Princess Celestia saw the lesson Fluttershy and the rest of the ponies learned in person.

TS: "Do you want me to write you a letter about what I learned today, Princess Celestia?"
PC: "Uh, Twilight, are you fucking retarded?"
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Mr. Big

I'd say season 2's better than season 1. This is one of those shows where it gets better as time goes on.

The distribution of how the characters are used doesn't bother me. It gives the show more variety in terms of storylines. Although it can get annoying if your favorite character goes missing for few episodes.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd say season 2 as a whole was stronger than season 1. The first half of season 1 was pretty slow, whereas the first half of season 2 was merely slow burn.

The best new character was easily Iron Will, I'd have to say.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I'd also say that, as a whole, season two has been stronger than season one. I do miss seeing the main six characters interact with each other as much as they did in season one, but the pacing and writing has greatly improved and the last few episodes especially have been top notch.

Avaitor

I agree that season 2 has had higher highs and lower lows than the first. I always find it hard to decide if a season with consistency like that is better than a more stagnate consistency. As for now, I'm still undecided.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Anybody enjoy the new episode? Last one before the two part finale!

I really enjoyed this one, it was a bit different than the usual episode and it was nice seeing the whole group together again. Line of the episode: "FINE, I'M GUILTY! I WEAR FALSE EYELASHES!... Oh, and I took a bite of the cake."
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I thought today's episode was pretty good but the ending seemed a little... off. I don't know, even if they really wanted the cake, Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy sneaking to eat it seemed really out of character for them.

The movie parodies were great though and I really loved that Rarity line.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, it was a bit out of character for Fluttershy, but I could see Dash and Rarity making the mistake. Though, I think it would have been even more out of character for AJ to do it.

The James Bond parody was really good, though. Particularly because it made by far the least sense of any of Pinkie's explanations.

Nel_Annette

It was a bit bland. I really wish they had spent more time on finding clues and piecing things together in place of Pinkie's imaginary scenarios. Twilight solved it so freaking fast after that. The beginning and ending were still enjoyable, though, even if I do agree that the three culprits should have had some kind of consequence. I get that the show is preaching forgiveness, but they weren't even coming forward about it when everything was going down. XD

And that griffon chef is awesome. Glad we got another one besides Gilda.

Eddy

So, as you guys may know, season one of the show is available for streaming on Netflix. After season two ends they will be adding the second season to Netflix as well. Nice to see the Hub getting the show out there!