My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I hope I won't have to wait long for it. I'm also glad to see the Hub pushing the show, it really will benefit them to keep it in the limelight as long as possible.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Yep, I know that my local cable company is pushing the Royal Wedding 2 parter by giving it a cross promotion for people to win a trip to London and calling it the 2nd biggest wedding event of the century. They even advertized it's timeslot and I see it on networks like CN and Nick. Thank you local cable provider.

Avaitor

I like the approach the episode took, since I really like mystery stories and all, but it does seem a little bland in hindsight. Most Pinkie episodes do seem to be fairly weak, really.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I don't know, I've really enjoyed all the Pinkie episodes. It's Rainbow Dash's that recently seem to be a little weak for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Well, this season at least her eps have been a little weak to me. I quite liked "Feeling Pinkie Keen" myself. RD's haven't been too great, either.

I think Rarity and Fluttershy have the most consistent episodes overall, myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Eddy

I agree that Rarity and Fluttershy seem to get the best episodes. But I thought Pinkie's have been pretty good, myself.

I also feel Dash's have been kind of lacking, though.

Avaitor

Arthur is prophetic. Who would've thought that it would guess the future of the internet so accurately?

New blog!

Peanutbutter

I love the promotional campaign The Hub is doing for the second season finale. I'm starting to wonder if there will be actually references to the Royal Wedding last year.

This episode should be a lot of fun. Too bad I doubt there will be a musical number, as "At the Gala" was by far the best song of last season.

Goldstar

I kind of like Princess Luna. I hoped that we would have seen more of her in season 2, but alas, Luna has only appeared in a single episode so far. I'm not asking that the shows' writers give Luna a story arc or anything; just that they acknowledge the character's existence more than once in a while. Oh, well. Luna was pictured in 1 of the publicity pictures for the Royal Wedding. Perhaps we'll see her there. Even a non-speaking appearance would be better than nothing.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Mr. Big

Luna appeared in the finale. Her line was literally "So what'd I miss?"

Anyway, it's been a wild seven months but season 2 ended today. So, any thoughts?

I maintain that the show got better as more episodes come out. We got more episodes focusing on individual characters, animation has improved, alot more jokes, and even episodes focusing on other characters.

I mentioned that there were more episodes on individual characters. Here's a breakdown; there are some overlap, with two or more characters sharing the spotlight. I'm also discounting "The Return of Harmony" and "Hearth's Warming Eve" because it focuses on all 6 ponies together.

Twilight Sparkle - 5
Cutie Mark Crusaders - 5
Rainbow Dash - 3
Pinkie Pie - 3
Rarity - 3
Applejack - 2
Fluttershy - 2
Spike - 2
Princess Luna - 1
Big Macintosh - 1
Cheerilee - 1

Yes, for the sake of convenience, I'm lumping any episodes focusing on CMCs (whether as group or as individuals) into one.

Spark Of Spirit

Great finale, probably the best two-parter yet! As a whole, I really liked the season. It lived up to the first season and continued climbing uphill throughout.

Now I'm really curious as to how they can top season 2 next, but as it is the original staff did a bang up job.

Avaitor

Really cute finale. I don't know which season I prefer overall, but it's been a good run so far.

New blog!

Commode

I don't like this show, but this is just ludicrous:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/04/25/my-little-pony?internetfight

Uh hi, there are people in the armed forces who watch My Little Pony believe it or not, I know a few of them.  Shit, I know people in their mid-20s who still play with Magic cards.  Liking a cartoon show, even if it is about ponies and rainbows, isn't really a bad thing, Jesus.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Well jeez, look where that article is coming from. Can't say I'm surprised, considering the source material.

Even in death, Andrew Breitbart's quote unquote "legacy" remains unchanged.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, what's with conservatives attacking Bronies? I remember that whole thing with Fox News doing it, and now there's Breitbart's lackeys.