My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 26, 2012, 05:39:11 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 05:32:50 PM
It's a TV show. Who cares?
Won't someone please think of the children?!

Wouldn't wanna turn the next generation of kids into a bunch of cross-dressing sissies and homos, right?  :humhumhum:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 05:44:08 PM

Wouldn't wanna turn the next generation of kids into a bunch of cross-dressing sissies and homos, right?  :humhumhum:
You have admire a show that teaches young adults basic etiquette and manners their parents apparently never taught them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 05:46:48 PM

You have admire a show that teaches young adults basic etiquette and manners their parents apparently never taught them.

I would certainly hope it was obvious that I was joking with that statement.  :P

Honestly, I'll never understand why the old boys club has such a problem with people outside of the natural demographic liking this show. They never look at this from a quality animation perspective; it's always from a "herp derp boyz canot liek candeh colord ponehz namd flutershy n apeljak!!!!11" point of view. Look past the colorful pastels and (at times) crazy fanbase, and you'll find a wonderful show underneath, but they never want to actually look at it that way.

...of course, again, it's Andrew Breitbart (or, well now, it's all on his lackeys). As I said, considering the source material, I honestly wouldn't expect anything less.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 05:46:48 PM

I would certainly hope it was obvious that I was joking with that statement.  :P
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the fans that always seem to miss the point of episodes/get them wrong, flame the writers, then go on about how many times they spotted Derpy in the background.

It's a very specific group.

Eddy

Grown men like a cartoon show. THE HORROR.

It's kind of lame that it's more culturally accepted and expected someone of my age and gender to watch Family Guy because it has sex and fart jokes and not My Little Pony.

Spark Of Spirit

I enjoy Boy Meets World and Golden Girls both of which are out of my age range, too.

Demographics are not set in stone.

Eddy

I believe it was the director of MLP:FiM Jayson Theissen who said "We just try to make our show good. Good has no demographic."

Kiddington

Honestly, it might just be the most close-minded thing I've ever read when it comes to MLP.

That whole bit he threw in there about Captain Kirk being a "real man"... jeez, give me a break.

Eddy

Nel_Annette

I love how Eddy and Kid's avatars alternate between shy-Shy and Shed-shy.  >_<

Mr. Big

So it looks like FIM is officially an Emmy-nominated show. Two of the songs were nominated.

Spark Of Spirit

Eddy

Quote from: Nel on May 10, 2012, 10:08:19 PM
I love how Eddy and Kid's avatars alternate between shy-Shy and Shed-shy.  >_<

Hey, hey, hey...