My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

The only episode of Merriweather I didn't like much at all was Mare Do Well. I thought Putting Your Hoof Down was great.

Mr. Big

Quote from: Foggle on September 08, 2012, 12:19:14 AM
Great article man! You should write for us sometime. :)

I think her work on the show sounds quite good, though I suppose I can understand why people would hate it if it's so stylistically and tonally different from the other episodes.
I don't think it's that different, although he episodes are more snarky than the others. But then, other episodes have snark, too, just less pronounced.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass for now. I have too much stuff going on at the moment.

Avaitor

Well we're always looking for guest contributors, and if you have any more awesome stuff to share and write about like you post on here, send me or Foggle a PM, and we'll work together to have you make an article for us.

If you're too busy to do anything now though, that's fine.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

I keep meaning to watch Andrew WK's panel. He seems like quite the character.

In other news, season three starts sometime in November.

Mr. Big

Damn. The "My Little Pony" comic book from IDW has sold over 90,000 copies through pre-order. For a comic book put out by an independent publisher (not Marvel or DC), that's very impressive.

The highest-selling comic books hovers around 100,000, so the first issue will pretty much make the Top 10 Highest Selling Comic Books in November.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/11/my-little-pony-1-sells-over-90000-copies/

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Commode

I thought you loved British stuff?

Pretty famous rock T-shirt.  I've certainly owned a few variations of the shirt.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

I don't love British music, mostly because I'm not acquainted with it.

And so what if there are Bronies who happen to be Led Zeppelin fans? I don't really see the abomination in this. It's not like the actual band's become infested with Cutie Marks.

Mr. Big

I'm sure everybody knows by now, but season 3 will start in November 10 with a back-to-back two-part episode premiere.

Mr. Big

So Zap2It revealed the names for good chunk of season 3 episodes.

304: One Bad Apple (the bullying episode?) (December 7)
305: Magic Duel (December 3)
306: Sleepless in Ponyville (December 8 )
307: Wonderbolt Academy (December 15)
309: Apple Family Reunion (December 22)
310: Spike at Your Service (December 29)

Episode 308 is skipped.

Now, Zap2It is a pretty reliable source, getting information from the networks themselves. There was a "Strawberry Elves" mix-up, but that was because one of the FiM reruns was paired with an episode from another cartoon that had that name.

So I'm 99% sure the titles are accurate. Some of the airdates are questionable, though. 304 and 305 are set to air on Friday and Monday respectively. Many believe those are actually rerun dates, not the premieres.

Regardless, if they do air all those episodes before the end of the year, then that means that the Hub is burning through Season 3 rather quick.  With only four episodes left, the season's going to be over before January ends if the network keeps this up.

Nel_Annette

So at this point, we know the titles for the majority of the season? What a weird feeling. XD

Mr. Big

Quote from: Nel on October 26, 2012, 05:48:52 PM
So at this point, we know the titles for the majority of the season? What a weird feeling. XD
And not one of them hasn't even aired yet!

I'm betting that by the time November 10 rolls around we'll have all 13 titles.

Mr. Big

Season 3 started yesterday. Anyone saw the premiere?

(SPOILERS AHEAD)

I have to say, I think this is the best two-parter so far. It didn't feel rushed, the pacing was just right, and all the characters got to do something. In fact, that's the best part; it was really about the characters; the villain was only a plot device for the said characters, which is why I don't mind that he didn't really do anything.

Part 2 especially was interesting, when the main focus shifted to Twilight and Spike. I was already surprised that Spike got alot of screentime, but I never expected him to be the one to save the day, even getting his own stained glass window at the castle. And Shining Armor throwing his wife to get the Crystal Heart was hilarious, even if they played it straight.

Unlike alot of people I never cared much for two parters, preferring one-shots, but this one was actually pretty good. In fact, it felt like a regular episode that got stretched double length.