My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Holt

Quote from: Eddy on June 30, 2011, 09:02:00 PM

There are always going to be people who just don't get it. And I can't say I blame them, I mean, this IS My Little Pony. Since its creation in the 80s My Little Pony has always been for little girls and was far from quality entertainment. That's one of the things that makes Friendship is Magic so amazing: they were able to take one of the most asinine franchises of all time and turn it into a high quality, entertaining cartoon series.
Heh, that right there. I mean, even Faust hates the original cartoon. She played with the toys as a kid but even then she thought the cartoon was trash.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

Eddy

The Hub has been putting out some real great commercials for Friendship is Magic. First there was the Katy Perry parody of "Equestria Girls" and now there's a pony for that with this iPhone ad parody.

Avaitor

Don't forget the Bridlemaids billboard.

They really seem to be catching onto the fact that plenty of older viewers exist, which gives me hope for season 2.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

Oh, right, that was great too.

Their ads for this show have been some of the best I've seen since the classic Cartoon Network ads.

Mr. Big

I really want a "Brony Edition" DVD set of season 1. I wonder what are the odds for such thing.

Yeah, I'm a FIM fan. This is pretty much the only toy-based cartoon that I take seriously. I have a deep hatred of toy-cartoons so the fact that I enjoy this is a miracle.

I'm probably the only person in the world who enjoys "Feeling Pinkie Keen". But I'm a huge fan of old-school cartoon slapsticks (I'm one of the GAC guys ;D )

Avaitor

Yeah, I recognized your e-mail, even though I can't quite put my name on which member you are.

This is easily one of the best toyetic cartoons to ever be made. It's completely respectful to older fans and collectors of the toys, while it's entertaining in its own right for all audiences, and has characters and ideas that are desirable to buy without forcing you to get them. That's the perfect toy commercial, and MLP hits that perfectly.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

He's Charles Brubaker, aka cbrubaker aka nakak.  Duh.

Welcome to the boards, btw.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Mr. Big

Thanks for the welcome  :)

Seeing how the Hub is aware of the show's fanbase, what are the odds that the show will get a better timeslot when season 2 begins?

Avaitor

Hopefully very good.

I still find it hilarious that a cartoon about ponies which airs premieres at 2 PM can become such a sensation with older viewers. Only someone like Lauren Faust could pull that off.

New blog!

Kiddington

Oh, hey; good to see you here nakak. Welcome welcome.  :happytime:

...and yeah, a collectors edition set for the adult base would be pretty great. If they decide to go the cheap route with a bare-bones digital babysitter (ala, in the same vein as the Shout Factory/Nicktoons sets), I'll still take it... but I'd much rather see my money go towards a release with actual effort behind it. Plus, 'ya know, I'd love to get some insight into the production of this series. Lauren Faust turned something as forgettable as an 80's girls toyline into a work of art. Let's meet the cast and crew behind such a feat, I say.

Sketch

Now that it's airing daily I'm pretty content without DVDs and I probably wouldn't buy a soccer mom DVD of the show unless it had episodes that were among my favorites and I found it cheap. I would like to see a collectors set with some special features discussing production of the show though. That'd be fantastic and worth the purchase by itself.

Katie Holt

Quote from: Mr. Big on July 24, 2011, 05:12:02 PM

I'm probably the only person in the world who enjoys "Feeling Pinkie Keen".
No you're not.

And welcome.

ETA: As for a DVD release (there IS one coming as far as I know), while a few extras would be cool, I don't really expect much. It'd get my money regardless, though, as it's possible I might be losing TV soon, and I really have a bit of a personal attachment to this show like no other.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

Eddy

Screw the haters, I loved "Feeling Pinkie Keen".

And I really hope this gets a decent season one set on DVD/Blu Ray.

Daxdiv

I also liked Feelin Pinkie Keen, an screw you to the people that misinterpreted the episode and read way too deep thinking it was some allegory for God vs Science. It was just some goofy fun, and I will admit that they did botch the lesson at the end.

Kiddington

Quote from: Daxdiv on July 26, 2011, 01:12:32 PM
I also liked Feelin Pinkie Keen, an screw you to the people that misinterpreted the episode and read way too deep thinking it was some allegory for God vs Science. It was just some goofy fun, and I will admit that they did botch the lesson at the end.
:srs:

Yeah, that whole debate was... quite ridiculous, really. I loved Feeling Pinkie Keen as well; lot of good visual gags and slapstick fun. Probably one of my favorite episodes of FiM, as a whole.