Favourite Cartoon Cartoons

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 06:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I'm kind of the same as Desensitized in regards to Fosters. The idea was good, but the execution just didn't work for me, personally, and I quickly lost interest in it.

Avaitor

I was a decently big fan of it when it was on, but in hindsight, the show doesn't really hold up. I just can't begin to appreciate any of the characters. I don't think they're very round at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Avaitor

I loved that the first time I read it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

SSJ Jake

I enjoyed KND at first, in fact I voted for it on Cartoon Cartoon Weekend. It was a fun show, but later seasons overdid the toilet humor to the point where it was unwatchable to me. I remember an episode about crumbles made from ear wax and snot. And I realize all Cartoon Cartoons used toilet humor, but rarely as a central plot device.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy is definitely my favorite of them all. I'm surprised that it managed to last as long as it did and still be good. The school centric episodes were also a fresh new setting. The movie finale was also great, I honestly think it would have been a great theatrical film. That wasn't going to be though with the PPG movie being a huge bomb. And speaking of which I actually liked the PPG movie. It wasn't the best movie adaption of an animated series,  but I liked it for what it was.

Other ones that are my favorites are PPG, Billy & Mandy, Courage and Sheep.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Avaitor

I think the Eds movie could have done pretty well if they chose a good place to schedule a theatrical release. The problem with the PPG movie was that it came out during a super busy summer where a bunch of other movies that kids would want to go to were out, including Spider-Man, Lilo & Stitch, and Men in Black II. Not to mention the fact that they advertised it more like a little girl's movie than anything, which probably alienated it's adult and male fanbase. I know that I didn't see it until the VHS came out.

EEnE was still popular at that time, the movie was ready to show for a while, looked as good as anything else in theaters, and from what I remember, summer 2009 wasn't all that packed.

I just think that CN was a little anxious about putting another movie out in theaters since The Powerpuff Girls Movie was such a disappointment. I think that's why the Samurai Jack movie keeps on getting delayed and why they haven't tried anything with Ben 10 yet.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, I really liked the PPG movie as a kid. I'm not sure how it holds up, but to me if it bombed, it wasn't because it was a badly made movie, but because of the reasons that Avaitor mentioned. I can at least say that it was a hell of a lot better than MIBII, if nothing else, yet MIBII made much more money than it did (if only because it got put together with Spider-Man on single ticket for a couple of weeks, which I believe firmly boosted its sales and the money it brought in purely by association with SM in the double feature).

Neomysterion X. Prime

@Foggle: Nice job with the Foster's comic, I didn't expect that one coming! Has been a while since I seen Foster's, one of the best modern CN series alive! Wish they could revive it though.  :'(

Dr. Insomniac

The movie was decent for what it was. Personally, I never thought of PPG as the kind of show that could translate well into movie format. Some of the half-hour episodes already feel pretty padded, so I can't imagine why they'd try to tackle something 4 times that length.

And lol at St Elsewhere parody.

Foggle

Quote from: Neomysterion Prime on December 29, 2010, 01:18:36 AM
@Foggle: Nice job with the Foster's comic, I didn't expect that one coming! Has been a while since I seen Foster's, one of the best modern CN series alive! Wish they could revive it though.  :'(
Wish I could say I made that comic, but I definitely didn't. My art makes kids' crayon drawings on napkins at Applebee's look great. :lol:

KND was ass. Not as bad as Robot Jones or Squirrel Boy, but it was pretty fucking terrible.

Avaitor

I have to echo the argument that KND's pilot was better than the show itself. It was a decent premise that I thought the show couldn't live up to.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on December 29, 2010, 12:51:37 PM
KND was ass. Not as bad as Robot Jones or Squirrel Boy, but it was pretty fucking terrible.

Oh, really? And for what reason? You see, I see comments about the show like this but no reasons behind it. If that's your opinion that's fine, but really its not ass. You really have nothing on the show that made it terrible. So, really, its basically just one of those shows that people call crap for no reason, unless you care to prove me wrong, which I guarantee you can't do.

Dr. Insomniac

Stopped liking KND once I started sympathizing more with the adults than the kids.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 29, 2010, 04:29:49 PM
Stopped liking KND once I started sympathizing more with the adults than the kids.

At what point was that, though? I stopped watch the series after season 4, mostly because I had stopped watch CN altogether by that point in time (well, mostly, anyways).