Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I totally forgot that this movie was even happening: https://youtu.be/9eQBl3_6FKA

Also, Vulture is in it....MCU Vulture. I'd love to know Kevin Feige's honest feelings about this. :sly:

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If this actually happens, it'd do a lot to reignite my excitement for the next Doctor Strange movie: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-2-sam-raimi-1203475309/amp/

Daikun

A bunch of crybabies on Twitter got their wish.

Avaitor

Yep.

Well, let's hope they shut up and that we'll never have to hear about Snyder again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

You know they won't. We'll hear them demanding Justice League 2 and Justice League 3 to complete Snyder's 5-film plan.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Count me in the camp that wanted him to return for a live-action Batman Beyond movie. I mean, I'll enjoy seeing Keaton in the role regardless so long as he doesn't pull a Bruce Willis in reprising an old role, but still, it's a huge missed opportunity in my book.

Still, I think it's cool to see something like this happen. Now if only we could get another Tobey Maguire Spider-Man appearance. I mean, with Sam Raimi doing the next Doctor Strange film which leans heavily into the Multiverse, and if Disney and Sony decided to play nice beyond their current deal....just saying, y'know. :sly:

Dr. Insomniac

I've asked this before, but I've got no idea why Bruce Willis hasn't retired. He exudes either complete apathy or loathing in almost everything he's been in since the last decade or so. And he's made enough money that his great-grandchildren can live like kings without working a day in their lives. Must be out of habit.

Also curious that DC's just given up on embargoes. We had four live-action Bruce Waynes show up last year. Now it's Keaton Batman and Pattinson Batman and whoever's the Arrowverse Batman appearing in the same time frame. A far cry from the days when they wouldn't let Batman characters appear in JLU because The Batman called dibs.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My local theater just recently re-opened, albeit to limited capacity, and only playing older movies for now. That said they were playing the original Avengers as one of their features this week, which I just went to go see. I mainly just wanted to go back to the cinema again since I miss the experience, but man this movie is always a treat for me. I can safely say after 8 full years that this movie still holds up and deserves to he remembered as fondly as it does.

Avaitor

Nice!

My nearest theater has reopened, and they're mostly showing older features right now (by older I mean from the 80's to very recently), but there's nothing enticing me to go out. I'm slightly curious about the Sonic movie, which they have, but that's not really worth the risk rn.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

It was the 20th anniversary of the first X-Men movie last week. One that started a roller-coaster of quality featuring some of the best and worst superhero movies of all time, with a director who shall not be named thanks to his actions including instances on the set of some of his films, and thanks to numerous issues, technically hasn't ended its legacy yet until New Mutants finally sees the light of day. Found an article discussing what went into making the film that interview Hayter, Donner, Janssen, and Winter. And some YouTubers made video essays talking about their favorite scenes throughout the whole series.