Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Il

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 10, 2015, 01:21:27 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on February 10, 2015, 01:20:39 PM
Seriously, does nobody ever read anything? Marvel already addressed that months ago.
Spider-Man is a special case.  :cop:
:il_hahaha:
That gave me a good laugh for some reason.
Poor Spidey..

Avaitor

I do think the idea of Spidey appearing in Civil War wouldn't be too bad, as long as the film goes in the direction that I hope it does and doesn't steer too far away from Steve.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

and so we can watch stark own both cap and parker.

seriously, can they even put spidey in their in time?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Ew, apparently the new Spider-Man movie is pushing back a few Phase 3 films, including Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

I'm really hoping that this will be the great Spidey movie we deserve, but that's just not right. We've had 5 Spider-Man movies, but the MCU has yet to make a movie where a female or non-white character is the lead. Unless they're going with Miles instead, I'm not happy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

miles seems like a decent character but i don't want peter to be replaced. they should have just not pushed black panther back.

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

The chances of them using Miles Morales is less than zero.

Nevertheless, I was more interested in a Black Panther movie than yet another Spider-Man one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, it's a longshot.

Although I do believe that we'll get Miles on the screen before DC skips Dick Grayson for any other Robin, but that's a whole other discussion.

New blog!

gunswordfist

you two and your red robins..

since Cyborg will be an upcoming dc movie, looks like i could get my dream lineup:

Hal jordan
Green arrow (oliver and not his son)
Batman
Superman
Charismatic flash. I don't give a shit which birth name he takes as long as he is not boring.

gunswordfist

which do you like more, mcu or dcau?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's kind of tough for me to compare movies to fully fleshed-out series, but on the whole I'd say that the MCU is more consistent. Out of all of the DCAU shows, there were four great ones, IMO: BTAS, STAS, BB,  and JL/JLU (I didn't care for Static Shock or The Zeta Project, personally). They also had two great movies in MOTP and ROTJ. That said, the actual shows themselves didn't have very consistent runs. I find that BTAS feels a bit clumsy in execution with a lot of season 1 episodes, as well as with stuff from season 4 and TNAOBAR. As for Superman, the episodes are pretty hit or miss for me, personally. With BB, seasons 1 and 3 are goid, but it feels a bit awkward in season 2, even though I still like that season. Then, with JL, the first season hasn't aged that well, season 2 is excellent, and the JLU episodes are pretty hit or muss for me, mostly due to splitting the focus of characters within the expanded roster. I love the DCAU, but certain aspects of it haven't aged well, IMO. And I'm not counting shows like TBATB or GLTAS,  because they aren't part of the same Universe/continuity as what we refer to as the DCAU.

As for the MCU, The Incredible Hulk is just OK, and IM2 and AOS are the only real misfires, IMO. Everything else ranges from good to great, and the Captain America movies as well as GOTG are among my favorite films in the genre. So, overall, I'd personally have pick the MCU.

gunswordfist

i like dcau more. i like teen titans and pre-gear static more than captain america, both thors, tih and iron man 2. so you can imagine how much more i like btas, jl and bb than the movies i listed. i am still not sure where to place avengers, im1 and im3, as i need to rewatch all 3 (i am liking what little of avengers i saw on tv more though) and have yet to see gotg of winter soldier.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Teen Titans isn't part of the same continuity as the DCAU shows, if I'm not mistaken (and personally I can't stand that show, anyways).

gunswordfist

it arguably is but the reason i named it is the dvds have it under dcau. except for zeta, it's my least favorite dcau show but i like it.

Avaitor

I don't really know if it's fair to compare movies to TV shows like this.

I will say though, that a comic book adaptation passes if I can read a story with the actor's voices in my mind. I've been imagining Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Dana Delany, etc for years, so obviously the DCAU passes. And in recent years, when I go through Marvel books, I can imagine RDJ, Hemsworth, Hiddleston, and Evans easily. I'll get back to you when I finally read the Guardians series from 2008.

New blog!