Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

When I saw the teaser for Superman movie, I actually thought it was a trailer for a sports movie along the lines of Remember the Titans or Money Ball. If it wasn't for that DC logo, I would have assumed otherwise. I will say, the only thing I do enjoy in a Zack Snyder Movie is the cinematography. Which is what I thought 300, Watchmen, & Sucker Punch excelled at.

Avaitor

I don't even think that. Movies done entirely in green screen are a trend that need to die, IMO.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Don't care about Sucker Punch, haven't seen it anyway. Watchmen was pretty good though, plus this was written by Goyer and Nolan is the producer so I think he would have been able to keep Snyder in check. The Comic-Con trailer is much, much better than the teaser so I'm excited.  :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

I still want a Death Of Superman adaption. I don't really see anything else enticing me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In order to make a movie like that meaningful, though, they'd actually have to succeed at getting the mainstream public to even give a shit about Superman in the first place. The only way that's possible is to actually make a really successful Superman film in the modern age. Yes, the 1978 Superman movie was a hit at the time it came out, but that's also long forgotten from the mainstream moviegoers since it just doesn't have much appeal to people who like the more modern superhero movie adaptations.

Avaitor

Random news for the movies-

-Along with Hawkeye, Black Widow will play a major role in Captain America 2. Build-up towards Avengers 2 and possibly a Budapest movie? We'll see
-Chris Eccleston, aka the Ninth Doctor, will be the main villain in Thor 2
-Possibly the most exciting news of all- the X-Men: First Class sequel will be a Days of Future Past film
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I'm still waiting for news on The Boys movie.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

X-Men: First Class is getting a sequel? SWEET! ;D

Avaitor

The crazy thing is, the timeframe that the original DOFP took place in was 2013, which is, obviously, next year. I wonder how they'll handle that in this movie.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Easy. Just make it an alternate, bad future, and Xavier has to fix it so it becomes normal.

Avaitor

One thing I was thinking was that the First Class-era X-Men could travel to this timeline and meet up with Stewart and McKellen-era X-Men, and hopefully find a way to fix what they fucked up with The Last Stand.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, I'm not sure if it was confirmed one way or the other or not at all, but does the First Class movie even take place in the same movie-canon as the other X-Men films. I mean, yeah, we got that Wolverine cameo from Hugh Jackman who played him in the other X-Men films, but that alone doesn't really confirm anything. I hadn't really thought about it much until I saw people arguing online that it couldn't be part of the same film canon. I've seen examples such as how certain story-line elements don't fit together or add-up if you try to place these films in the same story-line canon. I don't care to get into too much detail about it, myself, but it does leave me curious as to what Marvel has to officially say about the matter.

Also, off-note from what I just wrote, I just want to continue to go on record as saying that I found Last Stand to be the worse of two evils. I mean, I know Wolverine was bad but at least it had good action scenes and I could sort of enjoy it as a guilty pleasure. The Last Stand, on the other hand, is criminal of being completely underwhelming and boring, having incredibly bad writing, and also fucking up a trilogy that the first 2 films did a great job (IMO) setting up for a much better deserved conclusion than what we got with The Last Stand.

Avaitor

Yeah, First Class seems like it can go either way as a prequel or a reboot, depending on how Fox and Singer want it to go. There are enough little inconsistencies to make it seem like it's more of a new take than an origin story to the original movie trilogy.

For one thing, I don't think Mystique is that old. Although I'm not that well-versed in her lore, and Black Widow is quite older than she looks.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Hmm, Days Of The Future Past.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

So while we're on the subject of Batman films, how would you guys rank the movies? Include whichever ones you've seen. As for me:

1. The Dark Knight Rises (one of my all-time favorites, for now anyway)
2. The Dark Knight (amazing performances and everything else, but it didn't give me as much of an erection as Rises did)
3. Batman Returns (this film is absolutely brilliant in its surreal zaniness)
4. Batman: The Movie (fuck off, this movie and its corresponding TV show are HILARIOUS)
5. Batman (dat Nicholson)
6. Batman Begins (definitely fantastic, but I can't say that I prefer it to any of the above)
7. Batman & Robin (it's terrible, but much like The Room, it's a lot of fun to watch with friends)
8. Batman Forever (this one is just bad)
9. The Death Of Batman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUAXIMoZuBM)