Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Sweet!

My uncle and I are hoping to go to the midnight premiere on Thursday. If he can't, then I'll have to try on that Friday or wait about a week to see it, since I'm going to be out of town for the weekend and have finals all next week. So yeah.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, being that I actually read the Extremis story-line from the comic (and the only Iron Man story that I have ever read in my life), I wonder just how much this movie differs from that, since it seems to just take bits and pieces of that story and intermix it with other elements of other Iron Man stories. As for me, I'm perfectly fine with that since the original story was hardly enough material to support an entire film adaptation, anyways. I'm just curious to see what elements of the story actually got adapted onto the big-screen, and what elements they changed or altered from it.

Avaitor

If I recall correctly, the first film took bits from the storyline as well, so I'm sure they miss around with the story enough to make it stand out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

As of now, Iron Man 3 is at 85% on RT. Below the first and Avengers, but still higher than 2. Not bad.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I'm probably going to see it on Saturday, but it looks good from what footage I've seen so far.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The consensus so far is that its better than Iron Man 2 by miles, but the opinions are very mixed on whether its better, worse, or as good as the first movie. As far as I'm concerned, you could stop at the part where its confirmed to be a much better film than Iron Man 2, and that'd be enough to get me to go see this film. And I am going to see this film! Tonight! :thumbup:

Avaitor

Yeah, the reviews are kind of mixed overall, but the general consensus is that it's better than IM2 for sure. That's good enough for me.

But honestly, even if it was worse, I'd probably see it anyway. I'm that much of a sucker.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

You are now aware that Red Skull, General Zod, and Aldrich Killian used to be musical drag queens.

Avaitor

New blog!

GregX

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 24, 2013, 09:30:28 PM
Lastly, Magneto cracking Emma's diamond form with freaking bed metal is the dumbest part of the entire movie

My parents worked in the jewelry business, and diamond is very brittle... much easier to crack, even with brass than most think.

hobbyfan

Having seen Iron Man 3 & Man of Steel (and Wolverine is next on the to-do list), well, I've posted my opinions in each talkback thread.

Anyway, I'd rate MoS ahead of Superman 3 & 4 & Returns, but just below Superman 2 (which it was trying to emulate). Terence Stamp was a more definitive Zod to me, no matter what the rest of you think.

Out of the six Superman movies, I've only seen 3 in the theatres. I've seen all 4 Spider-Man movies and all 7 Bat-movies since 1989. However, don't expect me to be returning for Amazing Spider-Man 2 next year, as last year's film didn't resonate as well.

talonmalon333

So I think that, if I were to make a top 10 list of my favorite superhero movies, it'd go like this.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Iron Man 3
4. Iron Man
5. Superman
6. Batman Begins
7. The Avengers
8. The Dark Knight Rises
9. Spider-Man
10. Captain America: The First Avenger

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises are two movies I like about equally. I put Begins above it simply because I've liked it for years and have rewatched it plenty, and I still love it as much as always. The Dark Knight Rises, while great, is only a year old and I haven't seen it since it was in theaters. So I don't feel right about putting it anywhere but lower than Begins, at least until I know it has the same lasting value.

Foggle

Cool list. Here are my favorite superhero movies:

1. Kick-Ass
2. The Dark Knight
3. X2
4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
5. Batman Returns
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Iron Man
8. Batman: The Movie

That's it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2013, 12:32:03 PM
Cool list. Here are my favorite superhero movies:

1. Kick-Ass
2. The Dark Knight
3. X2
4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
5. Batman Returns
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Iron Man
8. Batman: The Movie

That's it.

Mask of the Phantasm is awesome but I didn't think to include animated films on my list. If I did then it would definitely be there.

Also, an honorable mention for my list goes to Superman II, specifically the Donner's Cut, which almost made this list but I cut it for Captain America instead. Superman II has some excellent story ideas, but it ended to just being less enjoyable than the original.

Avaitor

Avengers and Persepolis would tie for #1. That's all I can think of.

Edit: make that a threeway tie with Mask of the Phantasm.

New blog!