Survival Horror

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 10, 2011, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Hey Foggle, what are the chances that Silent Hills will be released on Steam or PS3?

Foggle

0%. Sony is funding the game I think, and PT would probably be on the PS3 as well if they were planning on releasing Silent Hills for it. Also, I doubt it'll be coming out until late 2016 at the earliest, and cross-gen releases will have almost certainly ceased to exist by then.

Not that it matters, though. I have absolutely no faith in that game without Kojima's involvement.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 16, 2015, 09:23:36 PM
Also, I doubt it'll be coming out until late 2016 at the earliest, and cross-gen releases will have almost certainly ceased to exist by then.

Wait, what makes you think that?

Quote from: Foggle on April 16, 2015, 09:23:36 PMNot that it matters, though. I have absolutely no faith in that game without Kojima's involvement.

Wait, is it confirmed that he's no longer working on this game?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 16, 2015, 09:28:33 PM
Wait, what makes you think that?
I don't think they've even entered full development on the game yet.

Wait, is it confirmed that he's no longer working on this game?
Considering that Kojima is being forced out of Konami by the end of the year, Kojima Productions has been all but shut down, and Konami spent a couple of weeks removing Kojima's name from the boxes of games he previously worked on...

talonmalon333

Well, there goes my interest in the only PS4 game I was looking forward to. Now I won't feel like I'm missing out on it when I don't get that console!

Foggle

PT is being removed from the PlayStation Store on April 29th.

Quote from: http://www.konami.jp/pt/en/index.php5The distribution period of "P.T. (Playable Teaser)" on PlayStation®Store will expire on Wednesday, April 29, 2015.

I guess Silent Hills actually has been canceled. Kojima must have really pissed off Konami...

If you own or ever plan on buying a PS4, or know someone who does, I highly recommend creating a PSN account and adding it to your download list from this link, as it's easily one of the best horror games in recent memory.

Foggle

talonmalon333

Guess we can put Silent Hill back into that pile of dead Konami franchises.

Still... what exactly happened? Who in Konami Headquarters did Kojima have an affair with to cause all this heat?

gunswordfist

Oh whoa, another Del Toro project gets canceled. I am so surprised.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Where's the Death Of Konami thread? They have to be doing worse than Capcom at this point.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd do it, but I don't have the free years it would take to type up the thread.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

We don't really need a Death of Konami thread. I mean, we already have a thread for all things Konami. http://animationrevelation.com/forum/index.php?topic=1328.0

Spark Of Spirit