Survival Horror

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 10, 2011, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

P.T. is legitimately the scariest game that I've ever played (even if it's just a demo) and I'm not easily scared. It just disheartens me to see such huge potential go to waste.

talonmalon333

I'm still avoiding info and spoilers on Silent Hills. I can't help but still have this feeling that we haven't seen the last of it. Again I remind us, Shenmue III is actually happening. Did anyone think that was possible? And if that can happen, anything can.

Spark Of Spirit

Shenmue 3 is being pursued by its creator with permission by Sega after a decade and a half of waiting.

Who is going to push Silent Hills or convince Konami (of all companies) to let them make it?

Silent Hill is over, man.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Lord Il

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 24, 2015, 03:55:26 PM
I'm still avoiding info and spoilers on Silent Hills.
Well, if there's one thing you have to check out, it's the message that is heard at the end of the PT demo. Speculation says that Hideo Kojima knew beforehand that this game would never see the light of day under Konami. The theory is that he put in a personal rant against the publisher. It's interesting when you think about it.
For a hint..
In the message, "Dad" is theorized to be Konami. The rest of it is pretty self explanatory.
[close]

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 24, 2015, 04:49:42 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 24, 2015, 04:25:48 PM
Silent Hill is over, man.

No it's not. It's better than ever.

I really thought that was a joke. I wish it was just a joke. :gonk:

talonmalon333

Why didn't we ever get Fatal Frame 4?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 27, 2015, 09:54:29 PM
There were a lot of bugs that Nintendo and Tecmo disagreed with over fixing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

They should have just fixed it. :bleh:

Do any of you guys consider there to be a... best Silent Hill game after the original three?

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 27, 2015, 09:57:54 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 27, 2015, 09:54:29 PM
There were a lot of bugs that Nintendo and Tecmo disagreed with over fixing.
Yep. And those bugs were later fixed by the folks who made the English patch, so they probably weren't too difficult to iron out, meaning that Tecmo was just lazy and NoA/E didn't care enough about the series to push them.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 27, 2015, 10:02:39 PM
Do any of you guys consider there to be a... best Silent Hill game after the original three?
The first half of 4 is excellent, Shattered Memories and Downpour have great ideas but middling execution, the really early parts of Homecoming are good, Origins is consistently playable. So, 4.

Spark Of Spirit

Who knows, maybe it'll get an eshop release with a patch. I'm kind of hoping this is our chance to get Day of Disaster and Another Code since they never got physical releases over here.

Foggle

Peanutbutter

Anyone here played Until Dawn, yet? I went and bout it as my brother recommended it. It seems okay so far, controls are simple and it relies on atmosphere as well as some better placed jump-scares than other games.

Foggle

Watching Mahou play it right now. Seems like a really cool game!

Lord Il

Peanutbutter