E3 2011 Thread

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 12, 2011, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll admit, that trailer was pretty cool, but I still haven't seen much gameplay at all, so I can hardly judge it. Still, it looks like classic cheese-grade story that I would expect from an NG game in a good sort of way, so this has temporarily restored a slight amount of my faith that this might be a decent game. As it stands, though, I still need to see some real actual gameplay in the form of a demo to see how I really feel about this game, and there better be one since Hayashi promised a "playable" demo at E3.

The new villain looks pretty cool, BTW. I was hoping for a humanoid villain since they make the best boss fights in the 3D NG games (like Evil Clone Ryu from the 1st game and Genshin from the 2nd game).

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 06, 2011, 01:12:42 PM
I'm just going to watch the Nintendo E3. :P
Yawn. I will only peek at VC games. That's it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 06, 2011, 01:07:58 PM
1. Voice recognition. You can tell your characters to move and shoot. You can shoose dialogue options with your voice.
That's... actually pretty cool. Color me surprised.
QuoteA couple of camera angles made me think Dragon Age 2, and that's a bit scary to think about.
Oh... oh god...
Quote2. there will not be a PC version for any reason other than it's Microsoft.
I figured as much. I'll still be getting it, of course, but that's kind of disappointing all the same. Gearbox did a great job with the port of the original (they added online multiplayer and mod support all on their own!).

While the announcement of Tomb Raider: Lara's Fortune is a bit disappointing, I don't really care that much. Of Eidos' five flagship series (the others being Legacy of Kain, Thief, Deus Ex, and Hitman), it was always the weakest, IMO. Deus Ex is better than ever, I have complete confidence in the team behind Thief 4 (it's the Human Revolution devs), and Hitman will probably continue down the path forged by Blood Money, so 3 out of 5 are in excellent shape. But we still need a new Soul Reaver (and a new Fear Effect, while they're at it) as soon as possible.

gunswordfist

I don't want to give up on Lara but dammit, that was way too movie like.

Spark Of Spirit

I was watching it with a friend and we let out a very loud sigh when we saw the camera snap into the traditional Uncharted style.

So FPS game continue to be COD-lite, and TPS will ape Uncharted.

Oh well, here's hoping halo 4 is at least interesting. No Alan Wake anything sucks, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

More importantly, no Battletoads sequel.

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 06, 2011, 01:28:56 PM
So FPS game continue to be COD-lite
Thank god for Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem Forever, Serious Sam 3, F.E.A.R. 3, and Halo HD all in the same year. :thumbup:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, Microsoft basically blew this E3 big-time. Oh well, at least we all still have Nintendo's showing to look forward to, but I still don't own a Nintendo. :(

Oh BTW, apparently the CIA-chick talking to Ryu in that NG trailer is "supposed" to be Irene according to rumor (who I would assume anyone who has played any of the NES games would be familiar with). Just thought I'd share that little bit of tid-bit info for the hell of it. I have to admit, though, it'd actually be kind of cool to see the 3D NG games's interpretations of the original NES games.

gunswordfist

Skyrim actually looks interesting. The characters are still a bit too stiff but so far so good.

Liked the Arkham City gameplan. Catwoman being playable is a surprise my ass. Everyone already knew that. I wish the combat had less watching but that's of course asking for too much. Glad to see the best DC villain, Two-Face, in the game.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 06, 2011, 01:37:12 PM
Oh BTW, apparently the CIA-chick talking to Ryu in that NG trailer is "supposed" to be Irene according to rumor
Fuck yeah, references to the NES games! Let's just hope that NG 3 doesn't have any birds knocking us off ledges. :whuh:
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 06, 2011, 01:42:32 PM
the best DC villain, Two-Face
High-five! I love his voice in Arkham City. Is it the same one from TAS?

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 06, 2011, 01:42:32 PM
the best DC villain, Two-Face
High-five! I love his voice in Arkham City. Is it the same one from TAS?
[/quote]Best thing I've heard you say since Garrus and Wrex are the best ME1 characters.  >_<
I was actually listening closely to his voice and it sounded different. Maybe it's the same guy and it changed with age. Not sure. I do know they need to get the original Jim Gordon back (unless he died or something)

Also, do you have Spike? I have a shitty laptop so that's what I'm watching.

gunswordfist

I..want...Modern...Warfare...3.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Uh oh, they just confirmed in the Halo remake that you can toggle between the "original" and anniversary" graphics... I guess that means no fixed level design. Because the last quarter of the game fucking needs it.

Quote from: Foggle on June 06, 2011, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on June 06, 2011, 01:28:56 PM
So FPS game continue to be COD-lite
Thank god for Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem Forever, Serious Sam 3, F.E.A.R. 3, and Halo HD all in the same year. :thumbup:
Someone has to keep the genre alive.

Interesting stabs at evoking NG NES nostalgia. It will only effect me if I see some 2D gamplay though.

COMPLETE WITH DEMON BIRDS THAT GRAB YOU OFF LEDGES TO DROP YOU TO YOUR DEATH!  :anger:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Mass Effect 3 looks like more of a shooter than RPG. Again.