Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I blame the people that didn't buy Conker's Bad Fur Day. :P

Commode

They already had a Conkers Other Bad Fur Day, it was on the XBOX.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

Quote from: Comeau on August 24, 2012, 03:51:39 PM
They already had a Conkers Other Bad Fur Day, it was on the XBOX.

That was more of an upscaled port than a full-on sequel though. :(

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I've waited 16 years for a Killer Instinct sequel. 16 years.

I can wait 16 more. It's gotta happen one day, it just has to.

Spark Of Spirit

Hey, I didn't expect a proper sequel to Mortal Kombat II until I got one.

But there are so many great ports they could be releasing on XBLA that they're not releasing. The two Banjo games and Perfect Dark are not enough.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I actually find Conker's Bad Fur Day >>>>>>> Live & Reloaded.

Yeah, Live & Reloaded has better graphics from a technical standpoint, but I like the look and feel of the original BFD much more. The original feels and looks more like a cartoon. The remake tried to make it looks too "gritty" with that brown filter and everything. The facial expressions in the N64 version were also much better. For example, in the opening cutscene, Conker vomits on  a monk standing outside the bar. The monk gets angry and hisses at him. In the N64 version the monk actually looks angry. In the Xbox version the monk just looks indifferent.

Here's a comparison video to show what I'm talking about.
- Even the lettering at the beginning looks more fitting for the game in the N64 version.
- Conker looks much angrier in the N64 version. Also, the camera is too far away from him in the Xbox version. The N64 version is a much more accurate parody of A Clockwork Orange.
- Even the little things are better. I like the glass of milk as opposed to a grail. It adds more charm to it. Also, again, more accurate of a Clockwork Orange.
- The N64 Conker shows more life by taking a sip of the milk. The Xbox Conker just... sits there.

I could go on and on but basically I just find the N64 version of BFD better than the remake in just about every way. Not to mention the multiplayer in the original was far better. And the Xbox version was even more censored than the N64 version was, which is sort of ironic considering many gamers claim Nintendo is for "babies" and Xbox is for "adults".

Avaitor

Didn't they censor Live & Reloaded?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

Yeah, Live & Reloaded was even more censored than the N64 version. In the N64 version the only word that was bleeped out was "fuck". In the Xbox version they bleeped out almost every swear.

talonmalon333

My favorite part is that they claimed the XBox version would be uncut. :awesome:

Foggle

The only thing better about the Xbox version of Conker is that the shooting levels are actually fun. But they made the teddies bleed actual blood instead of stuffing for some reason. :-\

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 25, 2012, 12:51:48 PM
My favorite part is that they claimed the XBox version would be uncut. :awesome:
It was originally called "Live & Uncut", too. I have no idea why they felt the need to censor words like "shit" and even "fellatio" (seriously, what?) in an M-rated game.

Spark Of Spirit

When they stripped out the multiplayer modes I lost complete interest. An inferior story mode AND losing the unique multiplayer?

I never bought it, and I guess I'm part of the reason the series is dead!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

http://www.1up.com/news/fumito-ueda-last-guardian-trivia-new-projects

QuoteEarly in development, the main character in The Last Guardian was female, but the team ended up going with a boy. The reason: they thought it would be more realistic that he would have enough grip strength to be able to climb around, and because they wouldn't have to worry about camera angles with a girl who wears a skirt.

:bleh:

Spark Of Spirit

Well to be fair that would mean they would have to record a lot more sexualized grunts.

Give them points for being budget conscious!  :>

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on August 27, 2012, 08:17:45 PM
QuoteEarly in development, the main character in The Last Guardian was female, but the team ended up going with a boy. The reason: they thought it would be more realistic that he would have enough grip strength to be able to climb around, and because they wouldn't have to worry about camera angles with a girl who wears a skirt.
Wait, why would she have to wear a skirt? Also, lol @ the climbing strength comment.

Rosalinas Spare Wand