Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, its just early pre-orders. No need to overreact. I'm willing to bet anything that the PS4 will still far outsell the XBONE once the consoles actually come out. Hell, I doubt that the XBONE will even managed to get sold out at any point unless Microsoft just under-produces the console just so that they look like they are doing better than they are (so that they can say that are getting sold out when they still aren't even selling that much).

Either way, pre-orders aren't always the best indicator of how well something is going to sell in the long run.

Foggle

So there's a new Deus Ex out.

It plays just like Human Revolution.

And it's supposed to be pretty good.

But it's a phone game.

What the fuck.

Foggle

LOLEA

Quote from: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Raises-Prices-Next-Gen-Games-54-99-57437.htmlAt present, the only publisher to confirm costs of their next generation games are EA, attaching a price of 54.99 [pounds]. No other game prices have been confirmed. We will of course update our listings as and when this happens. And if the price changes before release day, you will always pay the lowest price.

In American speak we're looking at games from Electronic Arts costing $80 a pop.

Grave

Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2013, 10:53:43 AM
LOLEA

Quote from: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Raises-Prices-Next-Gen-Games-54-99-57437.htmlAt present, the only publisher to confirm costs of their next generation games are EA, attaching a price of 54.99 [pounds]. No other game prices have been confirmed. We will of course update our listings as and when this happens. And if the price changes before release day, you will always pay the lowest price.

In American speak we're looking at games from Electronic Arts costing $80 a pop.

$80....? So EA's games must all be oh so good right? Because even with me having a job, I'm not spending no more than $60.

Nel_Annette

Bahahaha. Yeah, good luck with that price tag, shit lords.

...I'll be very sad if all the sports fans gobble up the shit anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

That's not a very smart idea, but hey, it's EA.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Index, the owners of Atlus, are filing for bankruptcy and being investigated on charges of fraud. Whoa.

Foggle

The founder/general manager of Eidos Montreal, developer of Deus Ex Human Revolution, has resigned, and basically said "Square Enix sucks" as to why.

Quote from: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/24/eidos-montreal-boss-quits-blames-square-mismanagementMore hints of troubled times at Square have appeared, via the resignation of Eidos Montreal's founder and general manager, Stephane, D'Astous. Describing "irreconcilable differences" to Develop, he let loose with a tirade about a "lack of leadership, lack of courage and the lack of communication". And he was just getting started.

D'Astous' initial statement, sent to Develop, read:

"Since last year's financial short-coming performance of Square Enix Europe, we (HQ London and GM Eidos-Montreal) have had growing and divergent opinions on what needed to be done to correct the situation. The lack of leadership, lack of courage and the lack of communication were so evident, that I wasn't able to conduct my job correctly. I realised that our differences were irreconcilable, and that the best decision was unfortunately to part ways."

Polygon then caught up with the man, and found out much more. After a bad financial year, D'Astous claims that execs "almost started to panic" (I'm not sure what that looks like - someone putting their arms above their head and being absolutely ready to wave them about as they scream) and it seems he believes leadership was lacking.

This all may seem odd to an observer - like me - who sees Square releasing a solid list of generally decent games. But the former boss says that Square "has some things to learn about how to sell their games." Despite names like Tomb Raider, Hitman and Deus Ex in their line-up, none of these proved to be massive successes. And the reaction to this relative failure seems to have pissed D'Astous off rather a lot.

After the financial troubles, and the resignation of president Yoichi Wada, D'Astous suggests that attempts to reorganise and restructure were done with far too much secrecy, and not working in tandem with their studio leads. While he wouldn't go into the specifics, he did point fingers at Square Enix Europe CEO, Phil Rogers. He then went on to explain that the company is still distinctly divided between Square and Eidos, citing a lack of communication between the Japanese owners and the Western developers. However, after spending months trying to get Square to change its strategies, D'Astous has now given up and left.

He's right, really.

Spark Of Spirit

Ever since Sakaguchi's Spirit Within bomb, Square has lost so much ground.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I thought Square was doing decent...

GaryPotter

Square hasn't been doing decent since the beginning of this gen.

Do I smell the death of Final Fantasy in the air?

gunswordfist

Well except for FF but thats a given. I like Sleeping Dogs and I hear Deus Ex is great

gunswordfist

I hate gamers who whine about achievements.