Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

RIP Iwata, one of the greatest minds in the industry

Nel_Annette

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That is truly saddening news to hear. He will be greatly missed.

Daxdiv

The man is responsible for a lot of things. He helped with debugging EarthBound, he gave us the Kanto region in Pokemon Gold and Silver, he helped debugged Melee so it would launch closer to the GameCube's Launch, he helped HAL Laboratories, the dude cut his salary in half after the Wii U under performed because he believed that cutting the lower level people would just decrease morale.

RIP Satoru Iwata! ;_;7

LumRanmaYasha

Avaitor

This is... really rough. He was one of the best, bar none.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

Spark Of Spirit

R.I.P., Mr. Iwata. You did really good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

A hundred bucks for what used to be unlockable extras.

DLC at its worst.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

And there was already another one before this... :shit:

gunswordfist

It's a good thing I already thought the series was boring.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Any game made by Itagaki can never be boring. Even if it gets fucked up in development hell, it could still be bad, but certainly not boring.

At any rate, I always did like how older DOA games actually tried new things and broke the trope of boring static backgrounds in fighting games and actually had good animations. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, but those were always fun for casual play.

That said, I really have little interest in the new one despite its overall positive reception. And the modern-business practices of KT are abysmal.

I remember how all of Team Ninja's older games had you unlock all of that stuff through skill rather than extra money. And when they did DLC for Ninja Gaiden on the XBOX, it was all FREE. To be fair, though, all of this micro-transaction BS was probably decided by the higher-ups of their parent company, just like how Platinum Games didn't want to do micro-transactions, but were probably forced to by Sega for Vanquish, and by Konami for MGRR.

Of course, if idiots just stopped buying them, then these companies would be forced to stop doing this practice.

gunswordfist

My Xbox S/Slim keeps on turning itself off after just a few minutes while the power supply and console light stays green until it powers down. Then the console light flickers green and the power supply light stays solid green. Next, the console light goes off and the power supply light turns orange, like it normally would. The only red lights I've seen are two coming from the back at night. Weird. I actually have been keeping it on my carpet and while it has been hotter than ever so far this year (D'oh) so I'm pretty sure it's an overheating issue but I want to know if there's any easy way I can try and fix it before I try to get it repaired.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody