Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

They should have just shown a condensed version of this ad on TV: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/whip-kick-bulletstorm/710654

Still one of my favorite video game trailers.

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, while Double Dragon Neon doesn't look great (Still shaking my head at the visuals), it looks like it might play fine enough from the PAX videos. The music is killer, too.

Either way, I hope it's good because I want more Double Dragon games beyond yet another remake of DD1.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

How is it that Ratchet: Deadlocked, a spin off from last gen has more content than most full price retail shooters these days? Heck, this game is even shorter than the main R&C games, yet it's still longer than your average shooter campaign this gen.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Because Insomniac actually has a soul and puts lots of love into every game they make.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, I mean even the Resistance games. In Deadlocked, vehicles are optional (aside from Landstalker missions), you have tons of weapons and tactics at your disposal, varied missions, optional challenges, upgrades, and AI partners that do more than just die and have you restart the mission (and you don't even need to run over to them to revive them!)... Heck, you even have a co-op with multiplayer mode.

From fan complaints, I was expecting it to be a disappointment, but it's not even close to that.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2012, 10:09:27 PM
Well, I mean even the Resistance games. In Deadlocked, vehicles are optional (aside from Landstalker missions), you have tons of weapons and tactics at your disposal, varied missions, optional challenges, upgrades, and AI partners that do more than just die and have you restart the mission (and you don't even need to run over to them to revive them!)... Heck, you even have a co-op with multiplayer mode.

From fan complaints, I was expecting it to be a disappointment, but it's not even close to that.
Good to hear that this game is playable.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Rynnec

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343256/previews/dmc-devil-may-cry-hands-on-proves-its-better-than-you-think/?page=1

Some highlights

QuoteFirst, Emo Dante isn't emo in the least. Like Dante Classic, New Dante is raw rockstar sex appeal in tight trousers, who swaggers around, cracks jokes - funny ones, this time, thanks to Ninja Theory's talented writers - and carries himself like he's invincible because he almost is. He's young - nineteen-ish, maybe, but who cares? - and well on his way to becoming the Dante you know and love, right down to the way he begins DMC shirtless and, er, pants-less.

:D

QuoteDMC wants to make some new friends and that means doing a few things the best of the best will hate. Forget Devil May Cry 4; the real Devil May Cry 3 sequel was Bayonetta, and nobody bought the bloody thing. Hideki Kamiya's Devil May Cry follow-up proved a point - limitless depth is worthless if only one percent of players can explore it - so Ninja Theory has turned the volume down on Devil May Cry's cruellest tricks and making a game new players can enjoy and older players can still explore, even on its more limited terms.

I can't take this article seriously at all.

Spark Of Spirit

Hey look, more gamers justifying companies making decisions against them.

"We want less game! Because CapcomNinja Theory is making it that way!"

What an annoying generation.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on April 11, 2012, 04:49:57 PM
Forget Devil May Cry 4
Tam Tam certainly did.

Quotethe real Devil May Cry 3 sequel was Bayonetta, and nobody bought the bloody thing.
Didn't it sell something like one million copies on the Xbox alone?

QuoteHideki Kamiya's Devil May Cry follow-up proved a point - limitless depth is worthless if only one percent of players can explore it - so Ninja Theory has turned the volume down on Devil May Cry's cruellest tricks and making a game new players can enjoy and older players can still explore, even on its more limited terms.
This is why we can't have nice things, CVG.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'm pretty damn sure Bayonetta has been Platinum Games' best selling title to date.

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on April 11, 2012, 04:49:57 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343256/previews/dmc-devil-may-cry-hands-on-proves-its-better-than-you-think/?page=1

Some highlights

QuoteFirst, Emo Dante isn't emo in the least. Like Dante Classic, New Dante is raw rockstar sex appeal in tight trousers, who swaggers around, cracks jokes - funny ones, this time, thanks to Ninja Theory's talented writers - and carries himself like he's invincible because he almost is. He's young - nineteen-ish, maybe, but who cares? - and well on his way to becoming the Dante you know and love, right down to the way he begins DMC shirtless and, er, pants-less.

:D

QuoteDMC wants to make some new friends and that means doing a few things the best of the best will hate. Forget Devil May Cry 4; the real Devil May Cry 3 sequel was Bayonetta, and nobody bought the bloody thing. Hideki Kamiya's Devil May Cry follow-up proved a point - limitless depth is worthless if only one percent of players can explore it - so Ninja Theory has turned the volume down on Devil May Cry's cruellest tricks and making a game new players can enjoy and older players can still explore, even on its more limited terms.

I can't take this article seriously at all.
I want to kick this guy's ass.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 11, 2012, 06:46:01 PM
Bayonetta was a success, yeah.
I didn't even know that. Either way, it's stupid to use sells to determine how watered down a game should be.

Rynnec

That, and I'm pretty sure that both of Ninja Theory's games bombed compared to Bayonetta and DMC 4.