Hunter x Hunter Nin Impact

Started by Mustang, April 26, 2024, 04:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2024/apr/25/gameplay-footage-hunter-x-hunter/

Other impression videos are up as well. Barring visuals, obviously it needs to bake in the oven more, and you can clearly see Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Marvel vs Capcom 3 in here. All that being said, and it's hard for me to explain but there's still something off with this for me.

Now the actual discourse and irony. I've seen a lot of people say at least it's not an arena fighter. I've seen people talk about gameplay. I've seen comparisons to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid and Skullgirls. Other than Yu Yu Hakusho, I don't really have a connection to HxH. I've seen bits of episodes here and there so it's whatever to me.

The IRONY though. People willing to settle for this because of budget. Come 7 years back with me to a game called Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. We all know why it bombed (it still hit its numbers), so let's not get into that. Nah, the whole "gameplay" and the "as long as it's fun" aspect. Your very own favorite youtube, Max was called a shill because he thought the game was "FUN". Prominent Marvel vs Capcom legends were called SHILLS. I won't go through the list of names again, but the IRONY here is these "casual" fans are willing to settle for a game that's basically shitty, whereas there was backlash just 7 years ago.

As tired as I am of the bitching in the FGC in general, this one here I've actually been enjoying just sitting back and seeing all of this. Sneaking in some jabs at casuals. Nothing really major.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol