Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Started by Mustang, August 22, 2018, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

I thought I made a topic for this already. Guess not.

So, Maximilian is just that guy to have the pull. He can just up and go to their (Activision) office and try out the game. Can't hate on the guy at all lol. I'm not sure if you could get anyone better to play the game, at least out of the well known Youtubers in videogames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHQq97X9XGI

With no confirmation I'm a little worried that there's no weapon variety because I would think the game could turn stale fairly quick, but that combat looks good.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Absolutely loving what I'm seeing. It takes some obvious cues from previous Souls games, but it does a ton of things to set itself apart as well, with some gameplay reminiscent of the Tenchu series.

This is my second most anticipated game behind DMCV.

Mustang

Watching the video again. Yeah, that combat just look so gooooood. Not having to worry about stats is a plus for me. While I started getting the hang of it, in Nioh I could never settle on a build because I never could decide what I wanted to focus on and stick with (and by the time I did decide, Evo crept up on me and fighting games took the front seat again).

That being said, and the mentioning of Tenchu, if there's no weapon variety and considering the character is a Ninja, I am hoping we'll be able to set traps and such. Sort of like in Nioh (paralysis type of traps). Unfortunately I can't remember much about Tenchu. Only thing I remember about that game was getting kick off the roof by a boss saying "come on"
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

So I've been off this train for the last couple months. I wasn't too thrilled about what I was hearing / seeing with the combat nor how limited everything was looking. That was until I saw this trailer earlier today.

Seriously, I was completely checked out until I saw that trailer. I will say that I'm more relieved that you can still do damage with regular hits, it's just that it'll take a while to do any real damage without parry though. Originally I thought you can only do damage by parry, and I wasn't feeling that at all.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol