The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 03, 2014, 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 03, 2014, 03:48:04 PM
Thanks, it's nice seeing you guys again.

Zelda is back to form.  O0

Wait until the next console game is on-rails, and in a more literal sense than the last console game. :o
An arcade-style on-rails Zelda would be awesome... as long as it's not the next main console game.

If they don't take anything from ALBW for the next console Zelda I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 03, 2014, 03:54:24 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 03, 2014, 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 03, 2014, 03:48:04 PM
Thanks, it's nice seeing you guys again.

Zelda is back to form.  O0

Wait until the next console game is on-rails, and in a more literal sense than the last console game. :o
An arcade-style on-rails Zelda would be awesome... as long as it's not the next main console game.

If they don't take anything from ALBW for the next console Zelda I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

They will take the linearity of Skyward Sword to the next level. :sly:

talonmalon333

What do you guys think about the idea of voice acting in Zelda?

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 04, 2014, 06:52:15 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2014, 06:48:47 PM
Unneeded.

I was hoping for more than a one word post. :thinkin:
I was hoping to have a more explicit reason. :D

But really, ALBW had more than enough story and surprisingly little text to carry it along. Adding voices to that really would be a waste of time and might even distract from the atmosphere.

I think people who want voice acting just don't like reading, honestly. IMO, that's a lame excuse.

talonmalon333

Many would argue that voice acting simply helps to enhance that immersion of being in a game world. To that, I do think it's a bit unfair to say they just are too lazy to read. :P

Either way, that doesn't necessarily relate to what I think of the idea of voice acting in Zelda.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 04, 2014, 06:58:24 PM
Many would argue that voice acting simply helps to enhance that immersion of being in a game world.
I am one of these people.

That said, no game really needs voice acting, especially not one like Zelda. It'd be nice to see (hear?), but I really wouldn't care either way.

Spark Of Spirit

Many would argue that voice acting simply helps to enhance that immersion of being in a game world. To that, I do think it's a bit unfair to say they just are too lazy to read. :P

Either way, that doesn't necessarily relate to what I think of the idea of voice acting in Zelda.
I've read comments specifically saying "It's *insert year here* and I shouldn't have to read!" and similar things. Unless it's something like an action game that would otherwise be slowed down by reading text, otherwise I don't really have much use for voice acting. Most RPGs, for instance, bore me with voice acting outside of battles. I read faster than they speak.

But Zelda? Most of the game is spent alone in a dungeon. You wouldn't hear a voice for 95% of the game outside of grunts, so what's another 5%?

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 04, 2014, 07:00:24 PM
Many would argue that voice acting simply helps to enhance that immersion of being in a game world.
I am one of these people.

That said, no game really needs voice acting, especially not one like Zelda. It'd be nice to see (hear?), but I really wouldn't care either way.

I agree with this. But as a whole, I'm kind of 50/50 when it comes to voice acting in Zelda. However, I'm curious why you think Zelda in particularly doesn't need it, at least over most games.

talonmalon333

By the way, Foggle, when are you ever going to get around to playing Twilight Princess? :P

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 09, 2014, 01:11:24 PM
By the way, Foggle, when are you ever going to get around to playing Twilight Princess? :P
Eventually. :sly:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 09, 2014, 07:09:16 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 09, 2014, 01:11:24 PM
Eventually. :sly:

You played Skyward Sword by your own free will, but you don't even own Twilight Princess? :bleh:

Spark Of Spirit

talonmalon333

Twilight Princess is awesome, you anti-3D Zelda fan. :thinkin: