The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 05, 2014, 11:10:16 PMIt looks like the anti-Skyward Sword, honestly.

So, basically, insta-buy for me.  ;D

talonmalon333

Zelda Wii U looks like it could be something beautiful. I agree with Foggle that either it, or Metal Gear, will almost definitely be my game of 2015.

Skyward Sword will probably look pretty sad when that time comes.

talonmalon333

After 3+ years, I have to say that this Wii U demo doesn't look as great as it did back then.

It was quite a site back when people first saw it. But I think it's kind of like Twilight Princess where it looks very good still, but doesn't have the same timeless novelty as a game with a more exaggerated, colorful stylized look. Basically, the upcoming real Zelda they're releasing for Wii U looks much better.

Spark Of Spirit

Zelda tech demos never look as good as the final game. If only more companies would do it that way.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

How come you guys don't like Zelda II very much?

Spark Of Spirit

Stiff controls, unbalanced difficulty, and boring level design.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 24, 2014, 11:49:03 PM
Stiff controls, unbalanced difficulty

Sounds like quite a handful of other Nintendo games. :awesome:

In fact, I'd argue that Zelda II is far from one of the hardest NES games.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 24, 2014, 11:52:26 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 24, 2014, 11:49:03 PM
Stiff controls, unbalanced difficulty

Sounds like quite a handful of other Nintendo games. :awesome:

I am not saying DK64 suffers from those things. It's just a reaction image, folks.

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 25, 2014, 12:21:34 AM
I meant NES games.
Well, sure. Like the original Zelda, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., and SMB.

I also don't really care for any of them outside of SMB which compensates by the level design working with the stiff controls and actually having a balanced difficulty.

I give AoL points for ambition, but I don't really have much fun playing it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 25, 2014, 12:43:30 AM
I meant NES games.
Well, sure. Like the original Zelda, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., and SMB.

I also don't really care for any of them outside of SMB which compensates by the level design working with the stiff controls and actually having a balanced difficulty.

I wouldn't say SMB is unfairly difficult.

As for LoZ and AoL, at least they are better than the DS Zelda games. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 25, 2014, 12:50:20 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 25, 2014, 12:43:30 AM
I meant NES games.

I wouldn't say SMB is unfairly difficult.

As for LoZ and AoL, at least they are better than the DS Zelda games. :P
No, SMB has very balanced difficulty. But it does have stiff controls. The difference is that because the level design is so good, you never get punished for it.

It doesn't take much for them to be better than the DS games, though.  ;)

Nel_Annette

*Looks at his copy of Spirit Tracks, having collected dust on the shelf for nearly five years now.*

Never even made it an hour into the game. Phantom Hourglass was enough. Which is a shame, because I've always liked Spirit Tracks on paper. A new Hyrule, Trains, a main villain who wasn't Ganondorf. I often think about how cool it would have been if, instead of DS games, PH and ST had been Wii games with the same cel-shading graphical style and gameplay style as WW. True sequels to that would have been awesome.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 25, 2014, 01:20:28 AM
*Looks at his copy of Spirit Tracks, having collected dust on the shelf for nearly five years now.*

Never even made it an hour into the game. Phantom Hourglass was enough. Which is a shame, because I've always liked Spirit Tracks on paper. A new Hyrule, Trains, a main villain who wasn't Ganondorf. I often think about how cool it would have been if, instead of DS games, PH and ST had been Wii games with the same cel-shading graphical style and gameplay style as WW. True sequels to that would have been awesome.
:gonk:

:drool:

:cry:

talonmalon333

I think PH still would have been bad. Controls and graphics are one thing. But having suffered through that whole game, I'd say that the Wii couldn't salvage its boring dungeons, music, story, and overworld, not to mention the Temple of the Ocean King, which is not only a bad dungeon, but you have to go through it multiple times. ST could probably be redeemed if it were on the Wii, but there's no saving PH.