The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

After yet another OoT remake (the 3DS one being a lot more highly publicized than the 'Cube versions, though), natural sentiment was going to be high for Majora's Mask. N64 Zelda is what's fresh for a lot of people right now, so of course they want more.

Still, though... that much preference over a new game entirely? What? :wth:

Nel_Annette

Maybe Ninty's experiments with stylus controls and motion controls have turned people off from the prospect of a new game?  :sly:

Okay, maybe not. Maybe (definitely) that's just me. I want a new Zelda, I'm just a bit wary of all these gimmicks since I've hated the last three games. That and I just played ALttP and MM last year.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2012, 12:46:41 AM
Why do people want a remake over a new game?
Well, to be fair, the proposed remakes of Resident Evil 2 and Serious Sam 2 are some of my most wanted games of all time.

But yeah, enough LoZ remakes! We need more new games. :immad:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on June 16, 2012, 10:12:52 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2012, 12:46:41 AM
Why do people want a remake over a new game?
Well, to be fair, the proposed remakes of Resident Evil 2 and Serious Sam 2 are some of my most wanted games of all time.

But yeah, enough LoZ remakes! We need more new games. :immad:

... Okay I admit, I would love REmake 2. :sweat:

Kiddington

Quote from: Nel on June 16, 2012, 02:20:25 AM
Maybe Ninty's experiments with stylus controls and motion controls have turned people off from the prospect of a new game?  :sly:

Well, I can't exactly say I want another PH or ST (I rail on those games every chance I get, perhaps a bit unfairly, but I still really don't like them) so you may be onto something with that.

I don't know why Nintendo can't just go back to what works. After so many years hiatus, they started churning out 2D Mario again with consistent frequency, so why not go and do the same for Zelda? Go back to the top-down style, ala ALttP/Link's Awakening/Oracles/etc. You'd have a few manchildren crying that Nintendo is going backwards yet again (as they continue to do whenever a new 2D Mario is released), but otherwise, people would love it.

gunswordfist

Me three. Why can't the right series ever get remakes?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Last night, on OOT I finally got to Dorongo and beat him. Then I got up to Death Mountain, was creeped out by how large that owl actually was and then met the creepy Great Fairy. Creepy.
Edit: Did I mention that Dorongo's death was extra cruel. Damn Nintendo :shit: lol @ when Link ran away and screamed when those rolling creatures tried to hug him. Good to see some comedy in the game.

gunswordfist

God damn, I see why someone here was complaining about Inside Jabu Jabu. That place is hell. Last night I used my milk to make room for the fish once I realized the Zoraa were giving me a clue about Jabu since they kept on talking about fish. Then it was those damn jellyfish that I believe made me end up using Poe. Then later on I used my fairy wherever when I died. I got up to Jabu's mouth with the Princess then turned back when I remembered the brat said she wasn't leaving until she got something. I was running low on life looking around and I forgot what killed me but that stretchy thing I couldn't figure out how to kill and those electric tail things sure didn't help. So annoying. Oh and I had to start back with my bottles empty since I did plan to not save while in there but it was too annoying to hit be and not save at the start menu since you are always prompted to save. Ugh.

talonmalon333

So what are everyone's current opinions about Skyward Sword? Am I still the only one who likes it? .3.

Nel_Annette

talonmalon333

Nel_Annette

Oh, you know. Terrible intro, terrible motion controls, terrible excuse for an overworld, bland soundtrack, disappointing dungeons, silent realms, stamina bar, an assistant who is somehow more annoying than Navi... and so forth. Twilight Princess may have been bland, but I still could have fun. Playing Skyward Sword just felt like a chore.

Foggle

I agree with Nel. Though I actually like the intro for what it is.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 10, 2012, 11:47:58 AM
So what are everyone's current opinions about Skyward Sword? Am I still the only one who likes it? .3.

Well, on this board, maybe, but the game still has a lot of fans who love it from what I've seen. Its safe to say that its probably the least popular 3D Zelda game among fans, though, but I still need to play it for myself to judge whether I like it or not.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton