The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Well, I don't want to spoil the plot, but Ganon in this game seems to be fairly close to how he should be after ALTTP. You'll just have to see for yourself.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I like that we finally got to see classic blue pig Ganon in 3D. Whenever he appears in his pig form in 3D games, they always put some new spin on him, like making him some giant dark monster in OoT, or making him more like a wolf in TP (which is all completely understandable since those games are less cartoonish). But now we finally get to see the original Ganon in 3D.

EDIT:

Yeah, they nailed Ganon's look in this game.

Spoiler

[close]

talonmalon333

By the way, did any of you utilize the 3D effect with this game?

Spark Of Spirit

I did, and I don't usually do with most games on the 3DS. Certain dungeons use layers in a breathtaking way that just looks stunning with the 3D effect. The Zelda team really went all out with this one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 27, 2014, 11:05:07 PM
I did, and I don't usually do with most games on the 3DS. Certain dungeons use layers in a breathtaking way that just looks stunning with the 3D effect. The Zelda team really went all out with this one.

I occasionally used the 3D effect just to look at certain parts. But overall, I just don't like using it. It looks so much more pleasing to me playing it naturally in 2D.

talonmalon333

The Ice Ruins dungeon is really tough. I feel like I've reached a point in the dungeon where there's just nothing I can do. I'm short a key, and I think I know where it is. But I can't reach the area where it's at. And I've looked all around the place for ways to get there. I'm just stumped.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 29, 2014, 01:38:21 PM
The Ice Ruins dungeon is really tough. I feel like I've reached a point in the dungeon where there's just nothing I can do. I'm short a key, and I think I know where it is. But I can't reach the area where it's at. And I've looked all around the place for ways to get there. I'm just stumped.
That's probably the trickiest dungeon in the game. It involves a lot of planning your drops between floors.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 29, 2014, 01:44:12 PM
That's probably the trickiest dungeon in the game. It involves a lot of planning your drops between floors.

The thing is, I can't find any suitable area to drop from floors. The floor that the chest I need is on, Floor 4, isn't even a real floor. It's just a bunch of platforms floating in the air separately. I tried to find a place in the above floor to drop from, only to realize that I can't reach that room. The room I seem to need to get to is the same room that's locked with the key I needed in the first place.  :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 29, 2014, 01:47:47 PM

The thing is, I can't find any suitable area to drop from floors. The floor that the chest I need is on, Floor 4, isn't even a real floor. It's just a bunch of platforms floating in the air separately. I tried to find a place in the above floor to drop from, only to realize that I can't reach that room. The room I seem to need to get to is the same room that's locked with the key I needed in the first place.  :P
I think I know the spot you're talking about, and unfortunately I can't remember exactly what you're supposed to do to get through there. But I do know that there is a way through. I just can't remember how is all.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 29, 2014, 03:01:01 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 29, 2014, 01:47:47 PM

I think I know the spot you're talking about, and unfortunately I can't remember exactly what you're supposed to do to get through there. But I do know that there is a way through. I just can't remember how is all.

I figured it out... The solution was something I had tried previously, except I didn't do it quite well enough. Those are the worst type of moments. :imnothappy:

Great dungeon, but it felt nice beating it.

talonmalon333

How do you think this game compares to the other handheld Zelda games?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 29, 2014, 11:24:04 PM
Personally? I think it's the best handheld Zelda game. There's a lot to do, many places to explore, and the non-linear dungeons make exploring that much more fun, especially when experimenting with tools in other dungeons.

I still need to play it again, but I'd say it's one of the best Zelda games, handhelds aside.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 29, 2014, 11:36:42 PM
Personally? I think it's the best handheld Zelda game. There's a lot to do, many places to explore, and the non-linear dungeons make exploring that much more fun, especially when experimenting with tools in other dungeons.

I still need to play it again, but I'd say it's one of the best Zelda games, handhelds aside.

I really like the world in this game, but I do have to admit that some of that admiration would have to go to ALttP. Still, ALBW does make some great alterations to the world.

One thing I'm not sure how much I love is the look of the game. I know, it doesn't matter much, but the graphics don't seem to be up to the standards that the 3DS is capable of. Still, it's a nice update to ALttP's look.

Also, when you say "handhelds aside" do you mean "console games aside"? :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 30, 2014, 12:01:03 AM

I really like the world in this game, but I do have to admit that some of that admiration would have to go to ALttP. Still, ALBW does make some great alterations to the world.

One thing I'm not sure how much I love is the look of the game. I know, it doesn't matter much, but the graphics don't seem to be up to the standards that the 3DS is capable of. Still, it's a nice update to ALttP's look.

I guess I mean that it's one of my favorite Zelda games period. I'm glad they're inputting a lot of what they learned here into the new Wii U Zelda, because it could really freshen everything up.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 30, 2014, 12:18:49 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 30, 2014, 12:01:03 AM

I guess I mean that it's one of my favorite Zelda games period. I'm glad they're inputting a lot of what they learned here into the new Wii U Zelda, because it could really freshen everything up.

Yeah, with this game, they really managed to eliminate Skyward Sword's biggest flaws: extreme linearity and handholding.