The Parks

Started by Avaitor, May 27, 2011, 05:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

talonmalon333

One step closer to Nintendo World.

Avaitor

Right now, there aren't any definite plans for where any Nintendo-themed attractions could head over to, but if they go to Universal, I could see it be time to retire Toon Lagoon in favor of Nintendoland. You'd think that Marvel would be the place to go, but Universal has the rights to the area until 2050, and the Spider-Man and Hulk rides are way more popular than Dudley Do-Right and Popeye.

But they don't really replace much at Islands, do they? Even Dueilng Dragons is basically the same as before, just with some lazy tie-ins to Harry Potter. Universal Studios is the park that usually loses an older attraction for a newer one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

They should take some rats and paint them yellow, take some cats and glue medallions on their heads, take some ponies and set them on fire, and let me run through Kanto to catch some motherfucking Pokemon.  I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...

Also I would so love to Blue Shell the fuck out of some poor schmo in a real life version of Mario Kart.  Donkey Kong could meet King Kong, just so much potential.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

I thought the thread was about the tv show.

I could possibly get free tickets to Worlds Of Fun. I might jump on that opportunity.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I kind of forgot to mention this, but I made it through the 24 hour day at Magic Kingdom on Friday. I even got a complimentary Inside Out button for making it to the gate before 6 am, which is something they usually do for guests who do the same. I know last year's button was Maleficent, and I'm pretty sure the previous year's was Monsters University. 2012's was themed to leap year, since that was the first time they did the event and that was the general theme of the event. Monsters U was the actual theme of 2013, and the past 2 have been less specific, but heavy on Frozen.

But yeah, being at Magic Kingdom for the whole span of 24 hours was great. I actually wasn't there for the whole time, though, only 18 hours. I went to Animal Kingdom for about 2, Epcot for about 3, and Hollywood for only about an hour in between (word of advice- unless you're WAY into Star Wars and don't mind massive waits, don't head over to HS for Star Wars Weekend). But my friend and I hit a lot of rides early in the day and some more at night, but once it hit midnight is when the lines started getting crazy. I think a lot of people headed over during Wishes at 9, or even later, to revel in being at the park for so late. We hung at the dance party on Main Street for the last few hours until we caught the Kiss Goodnight at the gate.

Compared to what I've heard about previous events though, this wasn't too special. There were no special meet and greets and very few things to make advantage of the day, while last year had special parades for heroes and villains that allowed for meet and greets after. The most special thing to happen during the day was an pre-Main Street Electrical Parade float for Frozen, which was nice but wasn't anything too special. But hey, being at the park for a full day was an event in and of itself, and I'm glad I made it there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Have you been to Disneyland, Avaitor?

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 27, 2015, 06:51:15 PM
Have you been to Disneyland, Avaitor?
I think I've mentioned this before, but I haven't left the east coast.

New blog!

Daikun

Commode

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/08/d23-expo-2015-star-wars-land-announced-for-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-ever-14-acres-of-new-attractions/

Say goodbye to Toon Town, say hello to Star Wars Land!  This also apparently goes in conjunction with the land in Anaheim that Disney bought, apparently the backstage portions behind Toon Town will be moved out to this new land.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daikun

Good riddance. Toon Town was a bore. It had nice aesthetics, but nothing of interest.

Bring on Star Wars Land! :swoon:

EDIT: Toy Story Land is coming, too!

UPDATE: Holy shit! :shakeshakeshake:

Avaitor

I'm a little disappointed about losing Toon Town, since I've always wanted to go on Roger Rabbit, but the Star Wars expansion looks great. Better than Animal Kingdom's Avatar stuff is looking, and I think that looks really good itself.

Hollywood really needs more stuff, too, and I'm sure that this will go over well there. Toy Story Land probably will too, even though it mostly looks like kiddy stuff. But if you check out the concept art, it appears very inviting!

There's also footage of the new Frozen ride/area at Epcot, and it looks nice. Nothing too impressive, but it could be worse.

New blog!

Avaitor

You know, I can't find any official announcement about Toon Town and Big Thunder Ranch being the areas leaving. Where does it say that?

Edit: Well, Big Thunder Ranch is indeed going. I do think that Disneyland may at least try to keep Roger Rabbit afloat, since it's a fairly popular ride, but I would not be surprised if they gut all of Toontown as well. I just wanted confirmation for everything.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Where will these locations be in Disney World?