The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Tell me when Mr. Snrub becomes head of the SNPP.

King Hippo

The problem with new Simpsons is that everything is about jokes every minute or so. The characters no longer have any personality and just exist so that jokes can be told using them. There's not even a hint at a "real" world beyond Springfield.

Also, and I'm not sure if this makes any sense, the character designs now have a very short and squatty look to them with oversized heads.

LumRanmaYasha

FX is planning a 12-day Simpsons marathon. 522 episodes, all in a row.

I don't know when this is happening, but I will make sure to watch the first 4 days whenever it does.

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daxdiv

Boy, I sure could go for 100 tacos about now.

Spark Of Spirit

This seems like the sort of thing they should have done years ago.

Like a THOH marathon on Halloween.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I have a feeling that FXX will become like 70% Simpsons marathons now. The other 30% will be repeats of HIMYM and Parks, while Sunny and The League will likely go back to FX.

Just a hunch, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

If they have Matt Groening or Dan Castellaneta hosts this marathon, I'll try to tune in live.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Even though I haven't cared for this show in a long time, the couch gags can still be pretty inventive.

Check out the latest one.

LumRanmaYasha

Last night's episode set an all time ratings-low for the series.

The sad thing is that it's still doing better than a lot of other shows airing against it on Sunday nights. And it's even sadder to think that FOX will probably keep renewing it even if the ratings continue to decline even lower.

Avaitor

Eh, Fox has made it clear for a while that they primarily keep the show alive for merchandising profits.

So basically, fi you want the show to end, stop buying Smpsons shit.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I stopped buying it ages ago, so no blame on me. :??:

LumRanmaYasha

Daxdiv

Welp, at least my sister opting not to go to Universal this summer and going to Disney for our trip to Florida will at least make sure I don't spend any money in the Simpsons park, so money not earned. :P

Avaitor

Aww, Springfield is worth a look (but I'd take Disney over Universal every time as well, unlike some of my friends).

I didn't buy any merch, but I did get a Flaming Moe. Next time I might try to split one of those giant Lard Boy donuts with my friends.

New blog!