The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Oh yeah, when did they stop having new couch gags? I noticed the last 2 episodes immediately jumped into the episode after the logo faded out towards the screen

Kiddington

No kidding. The chalkboard gag has been AWOL for years (last time I cared to tune in), but now they're doing away with the couch as well?

Man, just goes to show that I haven't payed attention to this show in a long ass time. Any other obvious changes from the old days?

Dr. Insomniac

From what I heard, there's been a shift in command for the showrunner. Makes sense, since the episode this week is surprisingly watchable.

Commode

Synopsis from the latest episode: "Moe's beloved bar rag, voiced by Jeremy Irons, recounts its long life story. After it goes missing Moe realizes he has more friends than he thought."

I haven't watched a full episode of the show this whole season, and I think I only saw like 2 or 3 last season, but I'm actually thinking about watching this, due to the premise and the subsequent negative reviews it's gotten(people are saying the show has hit a new low).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I saw it, or at least had it on in the back. The commercials made it sound like time traveling would be involved, but its just Springfield citizens in the roles of the story that rag recounted. It was boring as fuck.

There was also a Bart/Milhouse subplot where they had a falling out AGAIN. Bart plays the role of needy emotional girlfriend as always.

Spark Of Spirit

So is there a new showrunner, or is it still Al Jean?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 31, 2012, 06:43:44 PM
So is there a new showrunner, or is it still Al Jean?
I think it's like a co-op at the moment, where one does some episodes and Al does the others.

Eddy

This was the first episode of The Simpsons I have bothered watching in years.

It reminded me why I stopped watching.

Commode

The 500th episode, titled "At Long Last Leave", airs tonight(in 45 minutes on the East Coast, to be exact), who's watching?  I wish I could, but I'm at work.  I'll catch it on the internet tomorrow.

Avaitor

I just got home, and I forgot to record. I'll watch it on Hulu later.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

All I got to see was the post credits with Skinner.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

I watch Elimination Chamber. I'll probably watch on my cable provider's "On Demand" service later, along with the other shows I missed out due to EC.

Commode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA-FoG-RgSE
This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

OOOOHHHMMMMYYYYGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD!

Avaitor

Aww, for a moment, I was hoping that this would be a Simpsons/Troll 2 mash-up.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

I saw these at Barnes & Noble and thought they looked pretty cool. Well, Krusty, Itchy and Sratchy do, anyway. Homer and Bart look kind of weird.

They're $10 each, and I'm considering getting Krusty later.

New blog!