The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Not my call, unfortunately. It depends on whether my dad cares enough in order to change up...and he probably doesn't, since he doesn't watch many Turner networks.  :-\

Daikun

Out of curiosity, what would happen if you selected the wrong cable provider?

LumRanmaYasha

You have to authenticate your account with your provider using your username and password in order to use the service, so unless you have an account with a participating cable provider, you just don't have access to any full episodes or other restricted content.

Commode

I wasn't able to do it with the browser version(unless I used a VPN or something), but I was able to log on with my Cox credentials from back home and watch a couple episodes on the FX Now iOS app, even though I am in fabulous Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates at the present time.  Playing the system.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

Watching an airing of Homie The Clown on FXX, and they just cut out "Stop, stop!  He's already dead!"  What the hell, that's one of the best lines.  I thought these FXX showings were supposed to be uncut?

Daxdiv

I thought that was only for the marathon. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn someone brought up that after the marathon the episodes would have their regular syndication tapes or whatever air on FXX instead. Shame really.

gunswordfist

sheesh, didn't think we'd have to worry about the simpsons being censored these days.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

It's funny though, because according to The Simpsons Archive, the line wasn't cut out for syndication.

Daxdiv

Oh yeah, that is kind of odd then. Then I guess FXX just needs that delicious commercial time.

Spark Of Spirit

There's more commercial airtime now than when the early seasons first aired. To fit it in nowadays, they have to make cuts. That line is unfortunately expendable in the story department even if it is probably the funniest line in the episode.  :(
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

wait, has the simpsons ever even been syndicated?

Commode

Yes, it's been syndicated on local television stations(usually Fox or CW stations) since 1993.

gunswordfist

i didn't think fox counted. or even fxx. this also shows how much i paid attention to cw.

Avaitor

Yeah, most Fox syndicates had the show until they replaced it with Modern Family a year or so ago.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Speedy

Quote from: Comeau on January 22, 2015, 07:15:42 PM
Watching an airing of Homie The Clown on FXX, and they just cut out "Stop, stop!  He's already dead!"  What the hell, that's one of the best lines.  I thought these FXX showings were supposed to be uncut? 
Oh you've gotta be kidding.  Of all the moments to cut, they cut this one?