The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Just short of And I Must Scream. :'(
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2015, 12:26:53 AM
I think the only one close is Gun Smoke.
I caught a good episode of that on tv a few months ago. Decent show
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

So, how many more episodes does the Simpsons need to beat Gunsmoke again? Gunsmoke has 635 episodes while The Simpsons will have 574 when this season ends and there are only 2 more episodes left this season. 635-574=61 more episodes left. Each season of The Simpsons does have about 22 episodes in it. So The Simpsons need 3 more seasons to surpass that total. Even though Gunsmoke was an hour long show, I think Fox only cares about the number of episodes rather than their length.

Dr. Insomniac

Oh God, the thought of The Simpsons trying to match Gunsmoke's runtime.

gunswordfist

the more important question is how many episodes does Case Closed have.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 07, 2015, 01:51:03 AM
Oh God, the thought of The Simpsons trying to match Gunsmoke's runtime.
This made me spit laugh on my laptop screen.

Spark Of Spirit

Gunsmoke has 635 episodes over 20 seasons. By season 30 it will have beat the record.

QuoteThe television series remains the longest running, prime time series of the 20th century. As of 2014, it had the highest number of scripted episodes for any, U.S. primetime, commercial live-action television series . . . Outside the United States, there are some foreign-made programs that have been broadcast in the United States which contend for the position as the longest-running series. As of 2010, Gunsmoke is rated fifth globally, after Doctor Who (1963–89, 2005–present), Taggart (1983–2010), and The Bill (1984–2010)
But it's not going for the global record, I'm sure.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

And that quote only mentions series that have also been broadcasted in the U.S. Could you imagine them trying to make the show last as long as, say, the second Doraemon anime or, god forbid, Sazae-san?

gunswordfist

They did say live action too. :P Should I be ashamed that I have no clue what Taggart or The Bill is. :sweat:

Avaitor

A voice actor is holding back on signing.

It seems likely that it's Shearer, since he declined to participate for the ride, and he's among the most vocal voices towards the show's declining quality among the people involved. But he'll probably settle, anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The guy's gotta be stupid rich by now, what's the point in still dragging this along?

That said, he'll sign.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on May 08, 2015, 11:05:18 PM
A voice actor is holding back on signing.

It seems likely that it's Shearer, since he declined to participate for the ride, and he's among the most vocal voices towards the show's declining quality among the people involved. But he'll probably settle, anyway.

He also refused to be in the Family Guy crossover episode as well. None of his characters talked except for an "eh" from Lenny which could have well been archive audio. He'll probably budge sooner or later.

Daikun

Ten animators from The Simpsons who went onto bigger projects.

This is a pretty interesting video if you want to see where many of these people got their start. You might recognize some of them.

Dr. Insomniac

Commode

I'd be surprised if Shearer quitting would stop them.  It wouldn't be difficult to relegate most of his characters to background status and the more important ones, like Skinner, Burns, Smithers, and Flanders, to be recast and have less dialogue.  At least for two more seasons.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Whatever the case, time to stockpile on good Skinner/Flanders/Burns/Smithers/Lovejoy/Otto episodes to remember him by.

Spark Of Spirit

Now it's definitely time to wrap it up. A Simpsons without those characters isn't even worth bothering with.