Gearbox Software (Borderlands, Brothers in Arms, Duke Nukem, etc.)

Started by Foggle, June 12, 2011, 08:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Aliens Colonial Marines is my most anticipated FPS now. Looks almost too intense.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Foggle on November 04, 2011, 12:14:38 AM
Best company ever.
Found this again while searching for new Borderlands 2 info. This marks the second time I teared up while reading the article and listening to the eulogy. Goddammit I love you Gearbox. :cry:

Also, dat new BL 2 trailer. You guys seen it? Fucking fantastic! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fdfAflbfkE

Saw some new gameplay from it earlier, as well. The animation is seriously excellent. Looks to be one of the most polished non-movie games of all time!

Foggle

Eddy

I found the NPC named after the fan who died. He gives you an item and you get an achievement for it. It's called "Tribute to a Vault Hunter". :'( Gearbox, you guys are awesome.

Also, Borderlands 2 itself is amazing.

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on September 19, 2012, 01:55:43 AM
I found the NPC named after the fan who died. He gives you an item and you get an achievement for it. It's called "Tribute to a Vault Hunter". :'( Gearbox, you guys are awesome.
:'(

Where is he? Just, the area, not the exact spot. I haven't found him yet.

QuoteAlso, Borderlands 2 itself is amazing.
I know! It's absolutely fantastic in every single way.

Eddy

He's in Sanctuary at Marcus' shop, standing at the counter. When you talk to him he says he has something for you and gives you an item.

Foggle

Huh, haven't seen him yet. It's always just Marcus whenever I go in there.

Eddy

Huh. Apparently it appears in various areas throughout Sanctuary. You just have to get lucky and find him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTJOotAf-c

Foggle

I've reset the game like 6 times now and still haven't seen him. I've scoured all of Sanctuary too. :(

Spark Of Spirit

I'll be playing this co-op with my friend this weekend (couch co-op!) so I'm eager to see what's been improved.

There better be DLC with a randomized 100 floor dungeon. It's still the one thing I really wanted from the original besides full character customization.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 19, 2012, 08:50:49 PM
I'll be playing this co-op with my friend this weekend (couch co-op!) so I'm eager to see what's been improved.
Literally everything.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on September 19, 2012, 09:20:59 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 19, 2012, 08:50:49 PM
Literally everything.
Most improved sequel ever?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

The only change that bothers me is when you die. In the original, when you died, you basically just instantly respawned at a checkpoint. In this one, when you die, you need to watch a little "cutscene" where your character dies and respawns. It's a minor issue but it sort of breaks up the flow.

But other than that, yeah, everything has been improved.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Eddy on September 19, 2012, 09:40:35 PM
The only change that bothers me is when you die. In the original, when you died, you basically just instantly respawned at a checkpoint. In this one, when you die, you need to watch a little "cutscene" where your character dies and respawns. It's a minor issue but it sort of breaks up the flow.

But other than that, yeah, everything has been improved.
As long as it isn't like the Too Human death cutscene, it shouldn't be too annoying. But I am eager to give it a go.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 19, 2012, 09:23:13 PM
Most improved sequel ever?
One of them anyway. It's just crazy good.

I like how much dialogue and story stuff they added into the game this time around, as well as the town in general. Makes the world feel more alive and less lonely when you're playing solo. The Borderlands 1 characters are major bros.