What Games Do You Want That They Aren't Making

Started by gunswordfist, June 14, 2011, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 10, 2012, 03:36:48 PMSo basically, you want the same game over and over again?
What do you think makes Majora's Mask different from Link's Awakening? It's not the setting.

So no, I don't think the setting would change anything except make Zelda look like every other game out there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 10, 2012, 03:36:48 PM
So basically, you want the same game over and over again?
Dangerous words. Such thinking may have led to great games like Resident Evil 4, but more often than not it produces such "classics" as Sonic 06, Deus Ex: Invisible War, and Dino Crisis 3.

Spark Of Spirit

And Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness.

People don't want new settings in established series, they just want the gameplay they already know used in new ways.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I want new settings. The problem is settings that make no sense with the franchise (Angel Of Darkness is a good example) and the bad gameplay that usually comes with them is the problem.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Here's another one; a real sequel to Yoshi's Island.

Not Yoshi's Story (which, admittedly, I still get some enjoyment out of, even if the difficult level is just laughable), not any of the mediocre handheld spinoffs we've gotten over the years (Yoshi's Island DS tried, bless its heart, but it still didn't deliver... and the rest ranged anywhere between forgettable and downright awful); a true, actual Yoshi platformer that isn't mediocre at best. 2D Mario's made a fine comeback in style; now I want to see the Yoshi clan do the same.

Rynnec

FWIW, I wouldn't mind a Steampunk/Dungeonpunk Zelda if it's a one-time thing. As long as they keep the gameplay the same, and have the setting feel like Zelda (i.e, make Link look like Link, keep the Gorons, Zora's, Moblins, etc.) then it could work. I understand why people would be adverse to it though.

Quote from: Kiddington on February 10, 2012, 05:07:29 PM

Not Yoshi's Story (which, admittedly, I still get some enjoyment out of, even if the difficult level is just laughable), not any of the mediocre handheld spinoffs we've gotten over the years (Yoshi's Island DS tried, bless its heart, but it still didn't deliver... and the rest ranged anywhere between forgettable and downright awful); a true, actual Yoshi platformer that isn't mediocre at best. 2D Mario's made a fine comeback in style; now I want to see the Yoshi clan do the same.

This. So much. Having Retro Studios work on a Yoshi's Island Returns would be a dream come true.

Spark Of Spirit

If Yoshi could infinite flutter jump, shoot eggs, and be carried into other levels, he would have been perfect in NSMBWii. A new Yoshi's Island that looks as good as Wario Land Shake It with those controls? Now that would be amazing.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

How about a 4-player co-op Yoshi's Island game. Sort of like NWMBW, except with the gameplay from Yoshi's Island. Of course, I'd take any Yoshi's Island sequel that I could get as long as it were made in the vein of the first game. I have yet to try the DS game, but its the 2nd game I plan to get when I finally get a DS, right after Dragon Sword.

As for me, I've always wanted to see another classic style NG game. Either that or an actual proper NG3 in either form (to be fair, though, the Japanese version of NG3 on the NES wasn't that bad, but the NA version was butchered).

Also, 2 games that I've wanted for A LONG time but am absolutely positive will NEVER happen are JGR3 from Sega and Power Stone 3 from Capcom.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on February 10, 2012, 05:07:29 PM

This and one game that plays like both Super Mario Worlds.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 10, 2012, 05:39:15 PM
How about a 4-player co-op Yoshi's Island game. Sort of like NWMBW, except with the gameplay from Yoshi's Island. Of course, I'd take any Yoshi's Island sequel that I could get as long as it were made in the vein of the first game. I have yet to try the DS game, but its the 2nd game I plan to get when I finally get a DS, right after Dragon Sword.

As for me, I've always wanted to see another classic style NG game. Either that or an actual proper NG3 in either form (to be fair, though, the Japanese version of NG3 on the NES wasn't that bad, but the NA version was butchered).

Also, 2 games that I've wanted for A LONG time but am absolutely positive will NEVER happen are JGR3 from Sega and Power Stone 3 from Capcom.
I definitely want anothet Jet Set Radio and Power Stone. I love those series.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not one to port beg, but a Yakuza 1 port to the 3DS using the fighting system from 2 or the most recent games would be killer. Yakuza is phenomenal game that only needs a few faults rubbed out for it to really shine.

An original title would be cool, too. But I want a definitive version of the first game, and I think the 3DS would be the only way we would get it.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 13, 2012, 09:34:56 PM
I'm not one to port beg, but a Yakuza 1 port to the 3DS using the fighting system from 2 or the most recent games would be killer. Yakuza is phenomenal game that only needs a few faults rubbed out for it to really shine.

An original title would be cool, too. But I want a definitive version of the first game, and I think the 3DS would be the only way we would get it.
I actually think the dub is pretty good (Mark Hamill fuck yeah), but we seriously need a localized version of Yakuza 1 with the Japanese audio left in. Yakuza 2 fighting engine wouldn't hurt, either.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

A sequel to Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

Such a badass underrated rhythm/platformer hybrid. It seems perfect for the Wii since you wouldn't need to buy an extra accessory, but beyond the port of the first one, they never did anything else with it.

gunswordfist

A fighting game with a competent story mode and a competent beat em up mode.