Platformers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 21, 2011, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

From this interview it looks like the missions will be platforming based like the levels from Sly 1 and the hub will be like the huge ones from 2, and all the extra stuff will be optional. Also it seems the only other playable characters other than Sly might just be his ancestors who play very close to him.

Also, the 12 minute gameplay demo seems to prove what I though. It looks like Sanzaru Games might outdo Sucker Punch! with this one. Shame it isn't being released this Summer, it'll get buried in the Fall.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

That gameplay video is bonerriffic. The rope arrows remind me of Thief. :swoon:

Spark Of Spirit

Rioichi also looks pretty awesome. That focus jump is insane. I see a lot of focus on Sly 1 level design mixed with 2 style hubworlds. Which is pretty much exactly what I wanted.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

The final boss in R&C1 is the worst thing ever.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That must be pretty horrid, then, since there are a ton of games out there (even great games) that have horrible last boss fights. I find fighting games to be the biggest offenders of this trend, for some reason.

Rynnec

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 03, 2012, 05:24:10 PM
That must be pretty horrid, then, since there are a ton of games out there (even great games) that have horrible last boss fights. I find fighting games to be the biggest offenders of this trend, for some reason.

Indeed they are. :srs:

Spark Of Spirit

It really is horrid. You can't aim at all, you get no ammo, and your weapons do almost no damage. It's awful.

No wonder I stopped here in my first playthrough, if the game wasn't wowing me before, this would have put me on hating the series for years.  :bleh:

Spark Of Spirit

And I beat it after grinding bolts for a health upgrade.

Still the weakest R&C game and not very good as a shooter, but pretty good when it focuses on platforming. Now I can say I beat the original trilogy.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 03, 2012, 06:26:18 PM
It really is horrid. You can't aim at all, you get no ammo, and your weapons do almost no damage. It's awful.
You didn't buy the mobile vendor? Literally all you need for that fight is the Blaster, Devastator, and mobile vendor. It's actually a pretty easy final boss battle IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 03, 2012, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 03, 2012, 06:26:18 PM
You didn't buy the mobile vendor? Literally all you need for that fight is the Blaster, Devastator, and mobile vendor. It's actually a pretty easy final boss battle IMO.
Where was the mobile vendor? I never saw it for sale.

Not like it mattered, I beat him with the Suck Cannon and the Devastator (which along with the Visi-Gun and Glove Of Doom were the only good weapons in the game) and managed to only get hit twice. The boss is easy until you run out of ammo.

Foggle

You get it from the dude in the sewer after giving him raritanium iirc.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 03, 2012, 08:37:08 PM
You get it from the dude in the sewer after giving him raritanium iirc.
Naw, he gives you the deals for the store. I dunno, I don't ever remember seeing that in the game. It's in the sequels I know, but I bought everything I saw on my first run except the Tesla Claw because I didn't feel like grinding another 30,000 bolts.

Foggle

Ah, I just looked it up. You buy it from Captain "Steve" Qwark on Oltanis. It's pretty cheap iirc.

gunswordfist

My baby brother helped me figure out how to play and beat a level in Crack in Time. It's been awhile since I played a Ratchet game so I had no clue what to do. Not bad and that boss was easy as hell.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

So I played a bit or Tools Of Destruction last night as I was able to access the PS3 briefly, and so far its pretty good... but it's missing something. A hook of some kind, I dunno. I like it better than the first one so far, but it isn't quite as good as Going Commando or Up Your Arsenal so far. The presentation is really slick, the game runs really smooth, the art style is nice, and the controls are even tighter than before. There hasn't been a whole lot of platforming so far, though the shooting has been very fun and satisfying and some of the new guns are really cool, but the actual levels themselves haven't really wowed me or felt very unique yet. The story isn't very clear yet, but the writing is as good as usual, though. So far, so good.

Quote from: Foggle on March 03, 2012, 09:16:40 PM
Ah, I just looked it up. You buy it from Captain "Steve" Qwark on Oltanis. It's pretty cheap iirc.
Got it, run 2 completed. I have all the guns so I'm good now.