Platformers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 21, 2011, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

EGM apparently gave the game a 3/10 so I'd say they took some liberties with that quote. :sly:

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 01:20:15 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 01:17:47 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 01:14:19 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 01:11:32 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 01:05:59 AM
You could be playing underrated PS1 platformers like Jumping Flash or Tomba! instead.

Bubsy 3D deserves no quarter.

Oh, so you've played it?  :sly:
Why would I play it? That's what internet videos are for.

But I did play Bubsy on the SNES. It's not a good game.

...but...but... according to this, you MUST play it!
There's actually an article floating around out there where the guy quoted on the cover was embarrassed that his words were taken completely out of context and were actually from a preview of the game where you're basically required to praise it.

The EGM quote is obviously completely butchered.  ;D

That would make a lot more sense. I mean, you don't see stuff like that on the box for Bomberman Act Zero.

Quote from: Eddy on April 26, 2012, 01:22:51 AM
EGM apparently gave the game a 3/10 so I'd say they took some liberties with that quote. :sly:

I'm thinking they just mashed-up random words throughout the review together into one.

...of course, I'd still like to know what hole they pulled "stunning" out of...  :humhumhum:

Foggle

"The clear lack of effort put into this shit pile of a game is absolutely stunning!"

Spark Of Spirit

>It's really a stunning feat at how out of date this game is shaping up with how superior and forward thinking titles like Super Mario 64 on the market in this day and age. This game needs work.
>It's really a stunning feat at how... this game is... superior and forward thinking.

It's not so hard.  8)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

"I am stunned... at how stunning...ly AWFUL this game actually is. Truly the worst thing to exist since Cheetahmen II, and the worst gaming experience I have ever sat through in my lifetime. It is simply STUNNING that anyone could create should a morbid abomination."

Okay, so that was easy.  :P

...so anyway, I decided to watch a video for it, and... uh...  yeah... tell me this does NOT sound like Snap from ChalkZone. I am simply, what's the word, stunned. :sly:

Eddy

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 01:37:29 AM
...so anyway, I decided to watch a video for it, and... uh...  yeah... tell me this does NOT sound like Snap from ChalkZone. I am simply, what's the word, stunned.
3D platformers have certainly come a looooong way...

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 26, 2012, 01:39:51 AM
...so anyway, I decided to watch a video for it, and... uh...  yeah... tell me this does NOT sound like Snap from ChalkZone. I am simply, what's the word, stunned.
Keep in mind, this came out after Super Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot. So it doesn't even have an excuse of being "ahead of its time".

And that sounds exactly like Snap.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

good god this is hard to even watch

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 01:41:51 AM
Keep in mind, this came out after Super Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot. So it doesn't even have an excuse of being "ahead of its time".

I can't find anything on Candi Milo's resume to suggest that's really her, but the resemblance is too uncanny to ignore.

It has to be, it just has to.

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 01:45:42 AM

I can't find anything on Candi Milo's resume to suggest that's really her, but the resemblance is too uncanny to ignore.

Would you want to have Bubsy 3D on your acting resume?

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 26, 2012, 01:47:13 AM

Well, she already has ChalkZone on there, so how much of a step down is it really?  ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 26, 2012, 01:47:13 AM

She probably has Dexter's Lab on it. Even though we know that is not a good thing.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit