Platformers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 21, 2011, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Maybe I should get the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection.

Quote from: Rynnec on March 31, 2015, 08:30:35 PM
Super Mario Galaxy is one of the few games that I simply cannot see working without motion controls.

Agreed. The motion controls in that game come off as so natural.

gunswordfist

Still waiting for a game to look as good as Final Fantasy X's cutscenes.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Final Fantasy XV looks better than FFX cutscenes, in my opinion.

Quote from: Foggle on March 31, 2015, 09:02:04 PM
Speaking of which, I eventually picked up the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection (thank you Mahou <3), and despite a couple of really weird bugs, it was nowhere near as bad as I'd heard. I actually can't go back to playing the originals now after experiencing the silky smooth 60fps and much more vibrant colors. Deadlocked HD is an abomination, though.
Glad to see you picked them up. Other than that annoying air meter in Ratchet 1, they run pretty well and have no frame dips.

But yes, I'm saddened at how they butchered Deadlocked. I still can't believe they never fixed it even after all the complaints. The game deserves better than it got.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

:kabapu: I'll get to looking at videos of XV.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 31, 2015, 09:11:55 PM
Maybe I should get the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection.
You should! Outside of a couple bolt cranks occasionally not working, the bugs I've run into are only noticeable if you've played the originals as much as I have.

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 31, 2015, 09:15:25 PM
The Witcher 3 might be that game...

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 31, 2015, 09:16:16 PM
Final Fantasy XV looks better than FFX cutscenes, in my opinion.
And the graphics haven't even been polished for the finalized version yet!

QuoteGlad to see you picked them up. Other than that annoying air meter in Ratchet 1, they run pretty well and have no frame dips.

But yes, I'm saddened at how they butchered Deadlocked. I still can't believe they never fixed it even after all the complaints. The game deserves better than it got.
It taught me to never listen to gamer nitpicking ever again.

I don't know what went wrong with DL HD. The frame rate is shockingly worse than in the PS2 version, and seeing the inside of Ratchet's face during cutscenes is nightmarish.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on March 31, 2015, 09:19:42 PM
You should! Outside of a couple bolt cranks occasionally not working, the bugs I've run into are only noticeable if you've played the originals as much as I have.

I've looked at the R&C games before and have been interested in trying them. Are pretty much all of them available on the PS3?

Spark Of Spirit

You think that's bad? Try watching any cutscene with Vox or Ace Hardlight. It looks like their faces are melting into the back of their heads.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 31, 2015, 09:23:48 PM

I've looked at the R&C games before and have been interested in trying them. Are pretty much all of them available on the PS3?
You can play all the main series games on the PS3. I'd suggest starting with the collection.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

So the game is face melting good?

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 31, 2015, 09:15:25 PM
The Witcher 3 might be that game...
:o

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 31, 2015, 09:23:48 PM
Every single one except Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank (which you probably don't want to play anyway), and the upcoming remake/re-imagining/reboot/idk. The good games are:

Ratchet & Clank
Going Commando
Up Your Arsenal
Deadlocked
Tools of Destruction
Quest for Booty
A Crack in Time
Into the Nexus

The first three are part of the HD collection. Quest for Booty is a download-only game, but new retail copies of Into the Nexus come with free downloads for it. Deadlocked is available in HD from PSN but you should play the PS2 version if possible.

Spark Of Spirit

I actually still have a download code for Quest for Booty if you want it. I have a hard copy of the game so I don't need the code.

I wouldn't recommend playing it first, though.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 31, 2015, 09:32:51 PM
I actually still have a download code for Quest for Booty if you want it. I have a hard copy of the game so I don't need the code.
Right on! :thumbup:

QuoteI wouldn't recommend playing it first, though.
It could be a good sampler of the gameplay style, but yeah, definitely shouldn't be played until after Tools.

Also, I would go so far as to say that Deadlocked should be played on the PS2 or not at all.

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 31, 2015, 09:31:00 PM
So the game is face melting good?
:lol:

gunswordfist

I'll take it if he doesn't want it (someone stole my brother's PS3's so he doesn't have the game anymore :( )

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 31, 2015, 09:37:07 PM
I'll take it if he doesn't want it (someone stole my brother's PS3's so he doesn't have the game anymore :( )
Damn, that's awful. :(

Spark Of Spirit

Ouch. Okay, I'll PM it to you if Talon doesn't want it. But since I offered it to him first, I'll let him make the call.

talonmalon333

GSF can have it (sorry to hear about what happened, GSF). I'm not sure when I'll get to play these games (my list is pretty backed up, and I still need to get to games such as Ninja Gaiden first). If I do get into the series I'll start with the Collection, and will likely then get Into the Nexus anyway. But is it really download only? I feel like I've seen actual copies of it before. Thanks for the offer!