Platformers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 21, 2011, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I meant more classical-styled orchestrated. Not just involving an orchestra. Like Puzzleblock Galaxy, or Yoshi Star Galaxy. Country and Jazz were not styles used all that much in 1.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 25, 2012, 09:31:48 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 25, 2012, 09:17:08 PM
SMG and SMG2 are by far the best 3D platformers ever.
You forgot Bubsy 3D...

:swoon:

Honestly, I wish I could play Bubsy 3D, just to experience how terrible it is for myself. All I have to go off of are the pictures (now you know me, I'm no graphics whore... but those textures are just ghastly), and other peoples word.

I don't know what it is, but I want to play it anyway. Is that weird?  :awesome:

Foggle

If you simply must experience that masterpiece, you can always download a ROM. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

You could be playing underrated PS1 platformers like Jumping Flash or Tomba! instead.

Bubsy 3D deserves no quarter.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I don't even like the "good" Bubsy game (the first one, I guess?) so I can only imagine how bad Bubsy 3D is.

Foggle

Wait, there are Bubsy games other than 3D!?

Spark Of Spirit

Bubsy 1 and 2 on the SNES/Genesis.

Quote from: Eddy on April 26, 2012, 01:08:21 AM
I don't even like the "good" Bubsy game (the first one, I guess?) so I can only imagine how bad Bubsy 3D is.
What could possibly go wrong?

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 26, 2012, 01:04:16 AM
If you simply must experience that masterpiece, you can always download a ROM. ;)

Haha, yeah. Problem is, most ROM sites that I know of are absolute holes, crawling with just about every virus known to man.

I'm curious, but I'm not that curious.  :P

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 01:05:59 AM
You could be playing underrated PS1 platformers like Jumping Flash or Tomba! instead.

Oh, so you've played it?  :sly:

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 01:09:51 AM
Bubsy 1 and 2 on the SNES/Genesis.
There's also one on the greatest console ever, apparently... I speak, of course, about the Atari Jaguar.

Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 01:10:53 AM
Haha, yeah. Problem is, most ROM sites that I know of are absolute holes, crawling with just about every virus known to man.

I'm curious, but I'm not that curious.  :P
I haven't gotten a virus from a ROM site since I was 9. :SHOCK:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 01:11:32 AM

Why would I play it? That's what internet videos are for.

But I did play Bubsy on the SNES. It's not a good game.

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 26, 2012, 01:12:28 AM
I haven't gotten a virus from a ROM site since I was 9. :SHOCK:

I haven't even looked at one in years, though. One bad experience is enough to keep me away, and you know, my computer has enough problems as it is.

I used to have one that I'd download stuff from all the time, and it was great, but it shut down back in 2006 or so (domain name expired or something; it wasn't really kept up at all, just in archives basically). Since then, I haven't found a good one, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 01:14:19 AM

...but...but... according to this, you MUST play it! It's an experience that should not be missed!  :blush:

Foggle

Those quotes on the box have to be faked... :whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on April 26, 2012, 01:17:47 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 01:14:19 AM

...but...but... according to this, you MUST play it!
There's actually an article floating around out there where the guy quoted on the cover was embarrassed that his words were taken completely out of context and were actually from a preview of the game where you're basically required to praise it.

The EGM quote is obviously completely butchered.  ;D