gunswordfist

haha, only you would say that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

are the pulseman games good?

Spark Of Spirit

Yes.

The game's a bit of a hidden gem. I do wish Game Freak would make a new one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

ah, the pokemon group made it? that's interesting.

gunswordfist

my 3 favorite ps1 3d platformers are: toy story 2, spyro and crash 3. i want to play the 1st 2 spyros, all of crash 2 and 3, the ape escape games, jersey devil, the jumping flash games and blasto.

Spark Of Spirit

I've only played Ape Escape 1 and 3 in the series and they're really fun and clever platformers. It's a shame the series seems to be stuck in the party game genre these days instead of the platformer one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I always felt that Spyro 2 and 3 felt more cartoonish than the original.

gunswordfist

i have only played the demo to the first ape escape. i loved it so much. it felt like a special game.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 07, 2015, 10:47:09 PM
i have only played the demo to the first ape escape. i loved it so much. it felt like a special game.
It was the first dual shock game, and benefits tremendously from it. Every button on the controller is used with the clever gadgets and inventions.

I heard the second game was a big letdown compared to the first, but I never played it. For some reason the second game is way more expensive than the other two. The third game was a really good followup to the original, but sadly, there hasn't been an all-new Ape Escape platformer since.

gunswordfist

yeah, that's part of why it felt special.

i did not know there are only 3 platformer ape escapes. why do platformers that start out on sony consoles almost  never have any consistency?

Spark Of Spirit

I think Crash, Spyro, and Ratchet & Clank had consistency in their original trilogies. Jumping Flash and Tomba! never even got a third game, unfortunately.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, wait, Jumping Flash did get a third game, but it wasn't very good, apparently.

I'm floored it has never gotten a modern installment, though. Jumping Flash is an idea with a lot of potential.

gunswordfist

true, i wish their consistency was longer, of course.

i need to play jumping flash. i never even heard of the series before you mentioned it years ago.

Speedy

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 07, 2015, 11:47:46 PM
I think Crash, Spyro, and Ratchet & Clank had consistency in their original trilogies. Jumping Flash and Tomba! never even got a third game, unfortunately.
Side thought:  I bought Tomba 2 for PSN but it's definitely tricky to navigate menus since I don't read Japanese.  I'm not sure why they released the JP version on the PSN Store, when the game was originally released in America.

talonmalon333

What would you guys pick for your top 10 3D platformers?